The Hagen is BEAST!

https://soundcloud.com/nick_maas/hagen

Ive owned all of the big three and damn has this amp got some integrity ...BEEFY! I had to get out of my comfort zone with the EQ but I'm happy as shit. I still like the VH4 channel three just as much though, feature wise Hagen honestly for my needs. I'm in love...off to ship my baby(vh4) off to its new owner :( but I don't actually regret it as i love it equally so far... money sucks.

I'm unfortunately not caring for it in our band mix, which sucks. It's just way too much low end for our overall mix. It's cutting so I don't mean that. But getting it to jive with my other guitar players rig was a nightmare today. It just doesn't fit us. My VH4 got perfectly but you know how curiosity goes :( I do love the way it sound though, no joke it fucking rules just doesn't sit right in our mix with the bass player and second guitars stuff

I've done that, it's where the low frequency sits with the rest of our gear. You can hear everything just fine it just doesn't fit us. The VH4 was perfect. The only amp I've ever had my mids below noon on was. Mark series boogie and I even tried that kind of eqing. I really just need to get a VH4 again. Huge mistake, deep down I knew it was and I did it anyway because I wanted to try it. It sounds really fucking good don't get me wrong it just doesn't fit our sound, more importantly what I like really. The mids on my VH4 were at 3:30 o'clock and I tried that on this amp too. the bass isn't really the problem it's the perceived frequency you hear for lower chord work. Set up the way the amp is happy it stomps on my other players instruments and set up to play nice with them it's hard to hear anything other then single notes. Now if the other guitar player had a more modern sounding amp it'd be no problem. But his his damn jvm is way too focused in certain frequencies and the bass player would have to adjust some things too. Long story shorter, he loves his setup I loved mine and instead of spending money to make something work or dubious hours tweaking go back to what wasn't broke. You know?

Hard to beat a VH4 in a band mix! I also like the JVM (have a 210 combo and 410 head myself) so I bet the VH4 + JVM combo sounds killer!

Back