Am I the only one who prefers CH4 over CH3 on the VH4?

Dark Helmet

I'm liking this channel more than channel 3. I just back the gain down to 10 O'clock and I find that It's still as tight but with a bit more saturation and a bit meaner sounding.

I also think CH4 is great for rhythms, I just like the more focused mids (compared to CH3).
My problem is that I need a Lead Sound and don´t want to bring a lot of pedals...so I need a High-Gain Channel, and the smoothness of CH4 is just perfect for that.

I think I also prefer it over ch3. It does great blues rock sounds all the way up to metal. It has a bit more "attitude" to its midrange in a way.

ProgFreak":uwbnuqpp said:
I think I also prefer it over ch3. It does great blues rock sounds all the way up to metal. It has a bit more "attitude" to its midrange in a way.

I agree I dig the mids and the attitude better. I pretty much do riff rock so I'm not looking for a lead channel. Took me a year to figure out this amp and the coolness of channel 4. Definitely more attitude and a cooler midrange Prog.

Channel 4 is great and in my opinion very underrated. Channel 3 gets all the hype but there is plenty of magic in channel 4 as well as 2 for that matter.

Too me Ch4 is also great for more vintage/blues rock with the gain knob set fairly low. With the gain set somewhat higher it is of course a great heavy rock rhythm channel. I also use it as a solo channel for hard rock/metal (but ch3 is fantastic both as a rhythm and lead channel in that context as well of course).

Ch1 is great as a basic clean handling various colouring options.

IMO, Ch2 alone isn't my cup of tea, but it is really great with a boost in front of it, that's the secret of Ch2

Channel 4 sounds fantastic for solos and leads. Channel 3 gives that tight rock/metal tone, so it's my default.

Back