Diezels really all that compressed nowadays?

lovegun

Hi just found this thread about someone in LA, Kruse, doing decompression mods for Diezel amps;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=140358

Thought I'd post my layman conclusions from it over here in the Diezel corner, especially since it seems to contain very valuable info for people thinking of buying a Diezel amp.

So to sum things up, the "excessive compression" of Diezel amps some people have been complaining about for years seem to pertain to amps made 2005 or earlier. It's only these amps that benefit from the Kruse "decompression mod" which involves changing the impedance value of a resistor. This change was already implemented at Diezel's sometime during 2005, this according to Peter himself. That is, on all post 2005 models (VH4, also Herberts?), there is no additional extra compression besides the inherent compression that follows from dialling in higher (preamp) gain in just about any amp, am I right?

Seems this is worth expanding on, especially since this compression thing seem to have been a deterrent of to some people to enter Diezel territory in the past. Thoughts?

Short answer no!! Today's VH4 including my anno 2013 being the latest revision VH4 have nothing to benefit from this Kruse decompression mod.
Great customer support with Mr P Diezel himself who quickly shedded full light on the matter.
Thanks Peter!

My VH4S is was made in '04. I don't understand the whole "too much compression" phenomena, the amp sounds kickass and has served me well.

Martin

Back