Alternative Footswitch for VH4

Terry Lee

Hi...I am looking to purchase an alternative (inexpensive) footswitch for my new VH4. The Columbus controller is out of my budget right now and manually switching is just impossible. Any suggestions appreciated

I was thinking I could find a midi channel switcher for like $50 or so...however the two mentioned above don't cost too much...I am just not sure what all a midi like those can really do...I plan on purchasing a Columbus later on...thanks for the information so far

Did you guys have to modify the Peak to work with the VH4? Talking about the midi pins to provide phantom power.

1meanplexi":1nofjs12 said:
Did you guys have to modify the Peak to work with the VH4? Talking about the midi pins to provide phantom power.

No. :confused:

Just plugged it in and set up the channels. :thumbsup:

I use a 7 pin cable and the amp powers the footswitch.

I don't know anything about the peak but the Midi Moose switches tend to get dirty and fail. I much prefer the midi mate for a cheaper solution. The peak unit look solid though. I don't know if you're a home hobby type or a touring musician but if you're the latter the midi moose is a nightmare waiting to happen. I tried it twice and both did it, I went a littler more expensive with the ground control but my buddy has a midi mate and has had ZERO problems for 4 years now

Back