VH4 Ch3 preamp equivalent?

lovegun

Hi,

I have a VH4 that I absolutely love, of course especially channel 3, it is the tone I've always been searching for. My VH4 is located in our rehearsal/studio and the only time I prefer to move it around is when doing gigs.

Here's my dilemma: The channel 3 sound is also just too inspiring not to have at home, and I miss it intensely everytime I'm trying to be "creative" at home, still I'd prefer to keep the Vh4 stationary in the studio. Besides another Vh4, what is my best bet to get the ch3 sound at home without putting the dough of a VH4?

How does the lil fokker compare, the zerrer?
Einstein?
Anyone tried the Schmidt on higher gain settings?

Also the Hagen is a bit cheaper than the vh4 where I live, but judging from this youtube clip I think the Vh4 Ch3 is far better for my needs..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83AhuGYgT4

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

If it's just for home why not just get a Zerrer. Peter has already said its just a solid state version of the vh4 channel 3 just a tad brighter. I don't see why that wouldn't be good enough for home.

I'd say the zerrer is probably the cheapest official option. It'd need the power amp & cab simulation from a two-notes or something though.

Failing that, the Einstein Ch1 Mode 3 is probably the closest equivalent voice of the Diezel lineup imo.
I've only owned the 100w Einy before, mind. Dunno what the difference in head room would have on the sound using the 50W version.

Back