EQ's for each channel insert?

~Abstract~

I'm kicking around the idea of going totally overboard and getting a separate EQ for each channel of my VH4.
I'll run each of them in the channel inserts for their respective channel.
It should give me ultimate control over the sound of each channel...right?

Is this, for some reason I'm not considering, a bad idea?

Thanks!

This means that you would run the eq before of the preamp section, am I correct?

I run one eq in the serial loop (Hagen), which is after the preamp, and this really helped improving my tone. I was able to keep all the goods of the amp and tweaking my own taste in it.

I tried to eq also before the preamp section, but this seemed to alter my tone way too much....

But if you are happy with the eq in front, then I think your idea is really awesome! Maybe you just want to try one channel after the other with one eq, to see if it fits, before you buy 4 units. I have a dbx 215s 15 band graphic equalizer which works good for me. Many people however say that a parametric would be better for guitar, so I will try to use the parametric eq of my g major 2 soon.

This is also something you may want to think about. With a rack multieffect unit, you could have different eq settings for each channel and each and every preset you need anyway.

Obiwan":3sw5rdx2 said:
...Maybe you just want to try one channel after the other with one eq, to see if it fits, before you buy 4 units...

:confused:
That's just crazy talk.

:LOL: :LOL:

Good call. I truly hadn't thought that far. I actually was contemplating what I was going to do with 2 extra eq pedals if I didn't like it like this idea...(I would re-purpose 2 in other rigs)

I had a Delay in the Insert of Ch4 for quite some time, and it worked as supposed to, so it´s definitely post-gain.

Back