Aim for Einstein or D-moll?

SonicPulverizer

I recently got some hands on time with an Einstein and really liked it, more so than the Vh4 I had. That said, they are really hard to find used right now. D-molls aren't. I understand the D-moll addresses/refines the capabilities of the Einstein, and due to different parts have a different sound. For those who have experience with both, how big of a difference are we talking sound/feel wise? Is there anything missing from the d-moll that the Einstein just owned, or is it pretty much a straight upgrade to what was there? Any insight is very much appreciated.

SonicPulverizer":1pyzg9sb said:
I recently got some hands on time with an Einstein and really liked it, more so than the Vh4 I had. That said, they are really hard to find used right now. D-molls aren't. I understand the D-moll addresses/refines the capabilities of the Einstein, and due to different parts have a different sound. For those who have experience with both, how big of a difference are we talking sound/feel wise? Is there anything missing from the d-moll that the Einstein just owned, or is it pretty much a straight upgrade to what was there? Any insight is very much appreciated.

There was a guy who wanted to buy my Einstein 100 who had a D-moll. I've never played one but D-moll seems more flexible. Einstein with a Maxon OD boost in front is very seriously tight/ballsy and crank the deep switch.

Back