So I´m considering a Hagen...

Whatamada

Hey guys!

Long time since I posted anything about acquiring a legendary piece of equipment! :thumbsup:

I have a Herbert, which is on his way to my tech for repairs :aww:

So I stumbled upon an amazing offer on a new Hagen with a massive discount.

Haven't had the chance to play it for myself, just listened to a lot of clips.
I´ve seen some reviews online and what you guys have to say, but I wanted a fresh discussion.

So what do you guys have to say? How does it hold up for you?
Is it versatile in that way that it really can do all music styles or is it a "metal amp" that can sneak in to other territory?
I´ve read some reviews that mentions that Hagen is quite compressed, do you agree? More or less compressed than Herbie?

All the best and rock on! :rock:

Very nice amp, very versatile and has a unique voicing. Has more saturation and low end grunt than the VH4 but the power section doesn't compare to the Herbert. Of course, how could it with 4 tubes rather than 6. It doesn't feel stiff like some say the VH4 does. Has a nice bit of sag and bloom to it. Very good for detuned playing and sounds fantastic! It can handle what you throw at it.

I must say I really like what I'm reading here.
The versatility is something I really like, I don't want a pure metal amp.
Of course the Herbert will have more power, as you say its got more tubes. But I get the feeling that the Hagen won't be weak in any means ;)

Channels 1 and 2 are absolutely fantastic "platform" tones for all kinds of different styles. If Diezel is the flavor of hot 'n heavy you're interested in for those times when you need to get hot 'n heavy, then channels 1 and 2 are a gift from the versatility gods. All four channels flow together so nicely. Throw in the loop options, midi switching, and second master, and you are ready for anything!

That sounds awesome.
I do love the Diezel vibe, I did in both my Herbert and my VH4, so I'll probably love the Hagen just as much.
I'm just curios how it will stand against my Herbert, which really roars but still managed to play everything :)

To me, the Hagan is a nice balance of all things good between the VH4 and Herbert in both tone and feel.

I hope I come to the same conclusion, because I miss a lot of things from my VH4 , but Herbert's been my main amp for years now. Hoping the Hagen can shoulder that role now :)

Back