Hagen....Why not more out there?

Mixman

Call me late to the party, but I just discovered the Hagen. From the clips I have heard so far it may be my favorite Diezel. It has an aggressive but squishier sound that I like. How come there are not more out there?

Does anyone know where to find one because I cannot find them anywhere for sale here in classifieds, Reverb or Ebay.

Hagan is a great amp. So is the whole Diezel line. You just need to find the voicing you are most interested in and pick one.

RockyStar":2te2whib said:
Hagan is a great amp. So is the whole Diezel line. You just need to find the voicing you are most interested in and pick one.

You are right , but I am looking for a cross between the VH4 and the Herbert, not sure if that's the Hagen or maybe even the D-Moll?

Rezamatix":205etjyt said:
Mixman":205etjyt said:
Rezamatix":205etjyt said:
Not a lot of people want to get rid of them :)
Which do you prefer your VH4 or your Hagen? Not many Hagens are out there at all.

I love them both. If I had to choose . VH4.

From your clips as well as others so far I am liking the Hagen a little more. It seems to have the gain of the Herbert with a little softer sounding midrange.

Mixman":26q1gshm said:
RockyStar":26q1gshm said:

You are right , but I am looking for a cross between the VH4 and the Herbert, not sure if that's the Hagen or maybe even the D-Moll?
There is tons of info on the Hagen here on RT, and a few pop up for sale here and there.

I have said here in many threads that I personally find the Hagen to be right in the middle between the Herbert and VH4. It has the sub bass characteristic of a Herbert, with a hint of that aggressiveness of the VH4's ch3. The Hagen is my least favorite of the three big Diezels.

RJF":28harbgm said:
Mixman":28harbgm said:
RockyStar":28harbgm said:

There is tons of info on the Hagen here on RT, and a few pop up for sale here and there.

I have said here in many threads that I personally find the Hagen to be right in the middle between the Herbert and VH4. It has the sub bass characteristic of a Herbert, with a hint of that aggressiveness of the VH4's ch3. The Hagen is my least favorite of the three big Diezels.

With what you described it sounds like the Hagen should be your favorite Diezel. Does it just lack aggression or that special something the other Diezels have?

I prefer the Herbert and VH4 in stereo together. I like both of those amps because they are different from one another, and since I own both of those amps, having a 3rd amp that is the mix of the two doesn't do much for me. If I could only have one Diezel it would be the Herbert, but if not that, probably the Hagen before the VH4 actually, If I could only have one.

Back