New Cab Day!

Jonny333

Hey guys, haven't posted for a while but I just got a new Diezel cab so wanted to share!

It's a 4x12 FL Vintage 30 setup (and hardly fit through my front door!)
I just wanted to check though that this is the latest cab design rather than the old one as i'm not sure what visual features to look for to distinguish.
Also, would anyone happen to know what year this was built from the serial? (202/226).

Congrats. Looks like mine.
You can tell that it's a current one produced in Germany cause it says so on the back ;-) and because of the input jacks.

You would need to ask Peter Diezel or Peter Stapfer about the year.

What confuses me is that you say it comes with V30s, but the jackplate says 412FK (= K100 speakers)?
Also the information on the box has been changed from K100 to V30...

Edit: okay the cones look more like v30 so it seems someone has changed the speakers

Congrats on your cab!!
The input jack is the give away, silver/black and a bit larger than the U.S. made models. With NO red screw on the input, all metal.
Also the silver piping around the grill, on the German made models.

The K100's have significantly bigger cones.
If you compare it's VERY obvious.
Personally I like a 4X12 of V30's on the bottom and a 4X12 of K100's on top.
See my avatar...AWESOME tones!!!

Have a great time? These cabs KILL

Thanks guys, really appreciate the info! It's secondhand so the speakers could have been swapped. I still haven't had a chance to plug in but can't wait to fire it up, will report back once I do!

Hopefully one of the Peters will chime in re the year, otherwise i'll shoot them a message :)

Back