Mute, channel insert and Send 2 MIDI command VH4

StevenM

Like a good researcher....lol I've performed searches within the forum to see if my question has been asked/answered. From what I've read, I think I've found my answer. Can someone please confirm.

Is it possible to control "Mute", "Channel Insert" or "Send 2" as a command independent of each other?

For example, if I'm on channel 3, can I turn on/off the "Send 2" button via MIDI change as an instant access command?

I am using a ground control pro with instant access activated 1-8 and the bottom 4 row of buttons are my program changes. I'd like to be able to control via midi command the "Mute", "Channel Insert" and "Send 2" commands separately. It appears from what I've read, it's not possible, you can only program midi program changes setting.

For example, Bottom row of ground control pro- preset button 1=ch 3 without "Send 2", preset button 2 =ch 3 with "send 2" active. Is this correct?

Thanks in advanced!

To my knowledge and unless i've been foolishly using my VH4 incorrectly for the last 8 years, you can't assign a midi change for those functions individually while bypassing the channel selection. Each program change requires the selection of a pre-amp channel. You have to configure every program change individually.

Correct. Only MIDI Program Change messages can be used.

I have been using VH4 + GCP combo for years. I know this does not necessarily fit into your setup, but to overcome the issue you are facing now, I use my GCP in 10 Presets mode where I have in each bank present buttons 1 - 4 prgrammed as VH4 channels 1 - 4 "dry" (no loop, inserts, etc.) and 5 - 8 as VH4 channels 1 - 4 "wet" (loop on, etc.). 9 and 10 are then for some bank specific specialities.

Back