Favorite guitar + Diezel amp combo?

tarices22

What's crackin diezel fans? Seems like its been a bit slow in here lately so I thought I'd try to stir up some chatter.

What's you're favorite guitar and Diezel amp combo?

I recently played my buddy's LP custom style custom build with some medium output pickups (not sure what they were) through my Hagen and it was like whoaa. Sounded just right for me.

Definitely reinforced the direction of my next gear purchase. I gotta scratch the itch for an LP custom (finally) and thinking about putting some 2nd degree blackbelts in there.

Anyway, what's your fave??

I have a Gibson Gothic LP from around 2001 loaded with BK Aftermaths>808x>DMoll. It is so clear and astonishingly quiet on high gain, even with a crap-ton of pedals in front and in the loop.

I love any of my Les Pauls with the VH4. But now I'm using a lot a traditional plus and a custom both with Häussel pickups. I also like a lot these guitars with the Hagen. :thumbsup:

My Music Man JPX & VH4. I swapped out the Dimarzio's for a set of lower output pickups. A local guy does custom builds. For me it's the perfect combo.

Herbert and Einstein with 2 custom shop standard les Paul's one has Bareknuckle rebel yells the other has Motor City Afwayus ...all my guitars sound great with Diezel..

I play suhr, but the LP is hard to beat. I've often considered trading her in for a LP and an RG or something.

crankyrayhanky":27m16a3m said:
I have a Gibson Gothic LP from around 2001 loaded with BK Aftermaths>808x>DMoll. It is so clear and astonishingly quiet on high gain, even with a crap-ton of pedals in front and in the loop.

Nice!! Dying to try out some aftermaths. The guy with "uberschall" in his handle has some fantastic clips with a ton of amps with those aftermaths in his custom suhr t-style guitar. Also hearing great things about the 808x. Gotta try that bad guy too.

Deanmachine":k3lpeguf said:
Herbert and Einstein with 2 custom shop standard les Paul's one has Bareknuckle rebel yells the other has Motor City Afwayus ...all my guitars sound great with Diezel..

Played some rebel yells in a custom SG style guitar a few weeks ago. Dayum they sounded fine on some drop B isis style riffs. Also wanna put an afwayu in my G&L rampage Cantrell sig (import) I got on craigslist dirt cheap. You don't find them to be too dark in the LP?

PRS Singlecut with Duncan JB or 70s Fender hardtail strat with Billy Corgan Dimarzio humbuckers > Herbert

Some great setups ya'll got here. Interesting to see what folks are playing with.

Yes x1000 to shirts and stickers. That's how bands do it, why not amp companies?! :yes:

PRS Custom 24 (has some Duncans I designed in it), PRS 7 string (has Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentient in it), Esp Viper (Has 59/Custom Hybrid and a 59 in it), Fender American Deluxe Strat and a 50-60s something Les Paul Gold Top through my VH4. All sound amazing in their own way.

Back