Diezel amp with EV Speakers?

I'm playing the D-Moll through a Buddha Cab at the moment, I think they are loaded with eminences and give a very nice articulate rock tone a bit like a more pleasant and less scooped Version of the "good" old 75s. I believe a Speaker that can make a Diezel Sound bad hasn't been created so far but since Diezels are so super noiseless and kinda hifi sounding, I'd rather go for a more dirty and fat sounding Speaker, Ev might sound a bit sterile on this. I bet ch2 vh4 and greenbacks could be a great Team for Marshall-but-better tones. ;)

I did not particularly enjoy them. Stereo diezel front load cab with a vh4s, cab had evm12ls in it when I got it, always sounded kind of flat and lifeless to me. Much prefer the uberkab formula of v30 and g12t 75 in an x in the same cab....

GOHOINC":13drv38w said:
I did not particularly enjoy them. Stereo diezel front load cab with a vh4s, cab had evm12ls in it when I got it, always sounded kind of flat and lifeless to me. Much prefer the uberkab formula of v30 and g12t 75 in an x in the same cab....

Interesting.

I have a Carvin Vai Legend 412 with 2 V30's and 2 G12T-75's. I'm using it as my Dry center speaker. I just love how those speakers mix.

Also, since I posted this, I did a bit more research into cheaper EV style speakers and found a great old Peavey 412 with Scorpions. I'm still not using it with a Diezel but I just love it anyway. It's currently holding up a Bugera 1960 (an underrated amp AND cab).

Thanks for the replies!

Back