Vh4 gain?

Hey so this is just a kind of preliminary question lol. I don't have any clips at the moment, but I am gonna get some together when I can.

So my channel 3 just doesn't seem to have as much gain at the halfway point as it should. I've tried a variety of tubes since I've had it, but no difference. I have played through 2 other vh4's and they seem a lot more full and gainy at similar levels.

My question is this...is there any known issues that might cause this sort of effect?

I can provide a lot more details once I know what direction I should be looking :) thanks!

Check all your connections and preamp tubes check power tubes and then take it toma tech if all else fails could be pickups and all other sorts of wierd crap. Could be power caps too.

Did the other amps get played through the same cabs/speakers & pickups?

Gain at noon, I don't find the VH4 Ch3 is as fierce as i'd expect it to be either. Certainly not compared to some high gain amps out there. The gain is pretty transparent.

I overdrive my VH4 pretty much full time so I really notice a contrasting difference when I click them off. I run Ch3 & Ch4 gains at noon pretty much.

Try tubes first. Especially preamps use recommend. For Power tubes i believe l el34 have more midrange grind and compression than kt77. Also, as far as I know pre-2007 vh4s have a bit less gain so you just have to run them a little hotter.

Speakers pickups etc will have a huge impact as well.

Back