Dmoll patch changes latency

thepowertube

Please help me! I finally bought myself the Dmoll i've been saving up to since it's release. Now first a big thank you to Peter and the Diezel Team, this is a boutique powerhouse with everything i could wish for. An absolutely stunning sound in a practical, reasonably priced and beautifully built package. But i still have a Problem i couldn't fix so far, i thought it was a good idea make use of the amps midi capabilities, so i got myself a rocktron midimate and got started. Now i have that ugly latency when changing patches, absolitely irritating and useless on stage. The Amp somehow seems to go back to clean with everything of before switching to the desired preset. I'm sure there is a mistake in my programming, im an absolute beginner in terms of midi. I'm very looking forward to your answers. :)

Sounds like you're sending commands on multiple midi channels while your amp is set to omni mode (respond to all midi channels).

You need to set the pedal to send commands on only one midi channel (possibly easiest) or set the amp to a specified channel and set the pedal to send specific commands on that channel.

Read your manuals carefully and maybe watch some videos explaining midi channels and program changes.

thepowertube":1jrhfj6c said:
Please help me! I finally bought myself the Dmoll i've been saving up to since it's release. Now first a big thank you to Peter and the Diezel Team, this is a boutique powerhouse with everything i could wish for. An absolutely stunning sound in a practical, reasonably priced and beautifully built package. But i still have a Problem i couldn't fix so far, i thought it was a good idea make use of the amps midi capabilities, so i got myself a rocktron midimate and got started. Now i have that ugly latency when changing patches, absolitely irritating and useless on stage. The Amp somehow seems to go back to clean with everything of before switching to the desired preset. I'm sure there is a mistake in my programming, im an absolute beginner in terms of midi. I'm very looking forward to your answers. :)

The factory setting of the Diezel is omni mode.

Your pedal should send PC only on channel 1.
Adjust your MIdi Mate to factory settings.

Cheers,
Peter

I had a similar issue with a Rocktron multi-efx unit many years ago - horrible latency channel switching and unusable in a live environment.

IMO - TC Electronics is the key to the ultimate guitar efx experience.

Thank you very much for the quick response Peter, I reset the midi mate, used the dmoll's single channel auto assignment function and got rid of my latency problems. Played a gig with it yesterday and I'm getting more satisfyed with it every day. :) In the Studio and Live, the Dmoll is my new go-to amp and I'm pretty sure it will maintain this position for quite some time. Your amplifiers are just the peak of heaviness. :)

Back