Diezel D-moll but what cabinet ?

Troubleshooter

Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Diezel D-Moll amp, but are struggling a bit with the choice of cabinet, I would prefer
a vertical 2x12, example of this would be the Mesa Rectifier 2x12 or Engl 2x12 Pro, both with V30 elements....

Anyone that could suggest if any of these are a good combination with the D-moll for classic and modern metal ?

//Troubleshooter

Of course these are great cabs.
I´m not a good business man but
let me say we have also 2x12 cabs.

Btw, welcome to the board :rock:

Thank you Peter,

Seems i have not give your cabinets enough attention, they seem to have a good reputation just like the amps =)
they seem to come in different versions though, I currently looking at the one thomann.de has on their webpage
Diezel D212R-C Rearloaded, sounds interesting, as it seem to work reasonble good on lower voulmes as well, I just
need to get over that it's a horisontal cabinet =)

//Troubleshooter

I have read that many people prefer frontloaded for the D-Moll, so
now I'm actually thinking of moving to a 4x12 FL instead of the 2x12.

@Metaddict, what is it with the sound of a RL that makes it superior
from your point of view ?

I had the chance to test them side by side and prefer the RL version because it is not as much in your face as the FL version.
Also the clean sound is better for my style and the sopund i was looking for.
Just test it.The FL may be the choice for you, maybe not. Everything is subjective. But you cannot go wrong with any Diezel product.

I own a Diezel FL 4x12 and it is an amazing cab. With my D-Moll I am using the compact version of the mesa 2x12 recto. Tight / bright and generally sound great.

angelspade":q33fgr70 said:
I own a Diezel FL 4x12 and it is an amazing cab. With my D-Moll I am using the compact version of the mesa 2x12 recto. Tight / bright and generally sound great.

So, you prefer the Mesa cab with the D-Moll? Or do you just prefer that it is a 2x12? Which is tighter? Thanks.

Crunchtime":34qrkde1 said:
angelspade":34qrkde1 said:

So, you prefer the Mesa cab with the D-Moll? Or do you just prefer that it is a 2x12? Which is tighter? Thanks.

I really liked it with the Diezel FL 4x12, but I virtual prefer that cab with my Herbert. The Mesa 2x12 V30 compact sounded best to my ears with the D-Moll. Truthfully, they both sounded great. You would not go wrong with either.

Personally I did not like the recto cab myself. It was the oversized one & had V30s
It sounded very harsh & didn't give me the low end I was looking for.
I now use a Diezel Front Loaded 4x12 with G12K100 & V30s in an X-Pattern.
My other Cab is a Diezel 1x12 and I believe that sounds better than the recto for my taste.

I've got my D-Moll into a VHT Fatbottom 412 with X pattern G12K100 and the stock P50E's. Sounds awesome. I'd imagine it would sound great with a stock P50E but I blew one of mine so decided to get the K100's and go X pattern when MF was blowing them out at $70/pop or something like that.

Apologies for the necrobump, however having just switched to a D-moll, feel I can weigh in.
Never tried a Diezel cabinet with it, but I've got a pair of Zilla's (both a Fatboy and Super Fatboy) that sounds awesome with it. Fatboy is V30 loaded and Super is V30/K100 loaded. Paul can build you a vertical cab no problem, provided you haven't already bought a cab.

Just made the order, it became something else, after a lot of thinking, I ended up ordering a
Diezel Herbert and a Diezel 412FC cabinet with V30. All I can do now is to wait for delivery...

I really love my Front Loaded Diezel 4x12
I no have the G12K100s that come with it in an X Pattern with some V30s & that is perfection for me with my D-Moll

Back