Possible new speakers for VH4 rig

PaulyPanacea

Hey guys
Lately been questioning my current tone w my VH4 (6550 power tubes) & Diezel 4x12FL loaded w V30s. I'm a huge V30 guy but think I may need a change.

Play mostly newer hard rock (Godsmack, 3DG, Black Stone Cherry) to name a few.
I'm a big bass & mid fan. Need to have a tight speaker w great response & great cut. Not overly bright but big , huge & full 3D sounding.

Was interested in the Cremebacks but figured I'd let it out to the masses n see what everyone else thinks

Thanks & happy holidaze

if youre adventurous try jensen electric lightning, they sound great with my diezel retain the v30 character and add more, almost like a v30 gt75 mix. also not that expensive.

If that is the tone you are after, I'm really surprised you chose to keep the VH4 over the Herbert. It would seem to me the Herbert would fit better, but obviously you chose your setup for a reason.

I'm not sure what to say, my first thought was K100's, but I know you've already had those too.

PaulyPanacea":rlhfdl2e said:
Hey guys
Lately been questioning my current tone w my VH4 (6550 power tubes) & Diezel 4x12FL loaded w V30s. I'm a huge V30 guy but think I may need a change.

Play mostly newer hard rock (Godsmack, 3DG, Black Stone Cherry) to name a few.
I'm a big bass & mid fan. Need to have a tight speaker w great response & great cut. Not overly bright but big , huge & full 3D sounding.

Was interested in the Cremebacks but figured I'd let it out to the masses n see what everyone else thinks

Thanks & happy holidaze

Hi Pauly,

what´s about the Creamback 75 ?

Didn´t heard it in the Diezel cabs but will
check it out next weeks.

Hey RJF. Loved the Herbie just vh4 was more me n more versatile for other projects.

& Papa chimes in... Love it!!! That was the speakers I was thinking bout trying. Anybody using them w their VH4??

Give the Creambacks 75 a try !!! I use the combi from V30 and Creambacks (x-pattern) in a Diezel 412 FL shortly after their release. I love the sound of V30 and find that the Creambacks are a perfect match. I can only describe in conjunction with the Einstein and D-Moll. I think it's definitely more in your face, a little less mids, tighter bass and they have this "classic" top end. For me it works! However, I mainly play stoner (-metal) such as COC, Clutch, The Sword, Red Fang ... Not really the usual Diezel application !!! :LOL: :LOL:

Hey there,

You could also have a look on the scumbacks, probably the J75s. Never heard them in person though. I was thinking of give them a try myself, but shipping to the other side of the ocean is just an overkill..........

I have already try the Creamback 75 with my VH4S and it's pretty good!!

Here is a video that i made in 2014 (sorry recording with smartphone:) www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVGV90x5A6w

Some people advised me to mix V30 with Creamback G12m65. I have already try it with a VH4 KT77 + port city cab 2*12 (V30+G12m65) : :rock: :rock: great!!

I just watched that video the other guy out up... The v30 just has that snarl and focus(some would say nasal) that I like. The other has some heft for sure though. X-pattern probably would be the way to go.

A little off topic Pauly, but could you describe the difference using the 6550 vs the KT77's? How are the mids and which 6550 brand did you go with?

Back