Finally got it, Herbert + 412 FC

Troubleshooter

I just got my new amp, after a lot of thinking, I pull the trigger for a Diezel Herbert and Diezel 412 FC

So far very impressed with the sound of it, the clean are very clean rather organic when used with
Gibson LP with 57 PU, and not so organic with ESP KH2 with EMG, but that is also what I expected.....

One thing though, I have a hard time to dial in is the volumes on ch2 and ch3, when trying to setup
a reasonable bedrooms levels it seems that I can't raise ch volume nor master volumes past 8:30
to 9:00 to not play to loud.....But the sound is very good already at these levels so it's not really an
issue. But It seems that the volume settings is quite sensitive, especially at low settings.

The amp is really growing with the volume, the higher you raise the volume the better it sounds =)

Troubleshooter":3v3iqqup said:
I just got my new amp, after a lot of thinking, I pull the trigger for a Diezel Herbert and Diezel 412 FC

So far very impressed with the sound of it, the clean are very clean rather organic when used with
Gibson LP with 57 PU, and not so organic with ESP KH2 with EMG, but that is also what I expected.....

One thing though, I have a hard time to dial in is the volumes on ch2 and ch3, when trying to setup
a reasonable bedrooms levels it seems that I can't raise ch volume nor master volumes past 8:30
to 9:00 to not play to loud.....But the sound is very good already at these levels so it's not really an
issue. But It seems that the volume settings is quite sensitive, especially at low settings.

The amp is really growing with the volume, the higher you raise the volume the better it sounds =)

This tends to be the case with all tube amps that the taper on the master volumes are a bit on / off at the lower settings! Actually the master volumes on the Herbert are some of the best I've ever used on a tube amp and as noted above it's a 180 watt amp so hardly designed to be used at really low volumes :)

I would guess if you need to open it up but control the volume you might want to check out an isolation cabinet, attenuators are another option but I don't know any that handle a 200 watt load, and I tend not to like the impact on the amps sound.

Thank's for the response, I know at 180w rating it's not build to be a bedroom amp =), but it sounds incredible on all channels at low level as well, just a bit sensitive but there are a lot of places where volume can be adjusted in the chain =) .I have thought of that attenuators things but I am afraid that it will do more harm then good as the amp sounds really well at low levels anyway. Not sure how the attenuators works, do I really need one that support the full power of the amp, is that not pending how much I want to push the volume on the amp ?

Troubleshooter":21a74uhs said:
Thank's for the response, I know at 180w rating it's not build to be a bedroom amp =), but it sounds incredible on all channels at low level as well, just a bit sensitive but there are a lot of places where volume can be adjusted in the chain =) .I have thought of that attenuators things but I am afraid that it will do more harm then good as the amp sounds really well at low levels anyway. Not sure how the attenuators works, do I really need one that support the full power of the amp, is that not pending how much I want to push the volume on the amp ?

I *think* you need the attenuator to support the full power of the amp in question. TBH the only amp that I use an attenuator on is my 76 non master Marshall JMP - it's just ear splitting without - and the attenuator that I use is rated at the full 100 watts.

On my Herbert I find running the master and channel volume about 9 o'clock are pretty okay for home practise, I can't imagine a 180 watt amp getting any quieter than that :D

Back