Finally got me one(update)

Got a front loaded German made cab and a road case for it. It sounds good

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,347
Vintage 30's I've got some amp dialing to do. It's a MUCH brighter cab then the Bogner and almost ear piercing now. Very very clear though which is nice. I wasn't expecting it to be that much brighter honestly. Core tone is great I just have to find a balance again and I think it will be what the bogner was just tighter which is what I was hoping originally.

Not the first time I've had a front loaded either. I had one of the American ones a few back. I may just need to let my ears adjust too though. Might just be used to a much darker cab

No doubt the front loaded cabs are more in your face.
It may seem brighter, I understand, yet it's that "in your face" thing that makes it seem that way.
I have some other cabs, Marshall's, that actually are more trebley...however don't sound anything like the Diezels. Much less of the "in your face" experience.
Neither better or worse, just different.

If you are looking for a tighter sound, the Diezel FL cabs are certainly that :thumbsup:
I have been using one with K100's and one with V30's...brutal tones!!
Do your adjustments and let it give you the tight sound you want :rock:

Killer...and congrats

I'm trying my Diezel cabs with all my heads again...to see who likes what and how they sound.
Just a good time.
Enjoy!!

I love that cab, best cabs I have played through. I bought the very first "used" one to hit the market when the new cabs came out like 8-9 years ago. I now have 3 of them. :LOL: :LOL: I like mine that has all chinese V30's, but mine with a Mesa V30/K100 X is really good too. My 3rd has the same pattern, but with chinese V30's/K100's. With some amps (the Diezels actually) I kind of prefer all V30's, but other amps like an Uberschall, I like the X pattern better.

Hey RJF,
I thought you had a few of those cabs. I have 3 as well and an older one. No X patterns though...I guess I'm more of the purist, ha.
I would be interested to know more about X pattern cabs config. I see a lot of guys using that.
Does the X pattern really shine when using one cab or is it just as good with other setups?
I've basically been hauling the FULL stack into most clubs. No bigger footprint (always build up) and much nicer for me on stage.
Also, it's SO Rock N Roll to have a full stack, LOL.

I brought out my Marshall's to play a show a couple weeks ago. We were playing with Quiet Riot and his backline was also Marshall.
Honestly, I prefer the Diezel's to the Marshall's these days. Maybe I have gotten used to the way they perform. I've always liked my Marshall's.
Anyway, would like to hear more about the X pattern in your cabs and what benefits you have realized. Obviously you are not the only one enjoying X pattern configs or mixing speakers.

GtarLover":i2ufsyrq said:
Hey RJF,
I thought you had a few of those cabs. I have 3 as well and an older one. No X patterns though...I guess I'm more of the purist, ha.
I would be interested to know more about X pattern cabs config. I see a lot of guys using that.
Does the X pattern really shine when using one cab or is it just as good with other setups?
I've basically been hauling the FULL stack into most clubs. No bigger footprint (always build up) and much nicer for me on stage.
Also, it's SO Rock N Roll to have a full stack, LOL.

I brought out my Marshall's to play a show a couple weeks ago. We were playing with Quiet Riot and his backline was also Marshall.
Honestly, I prefer the Diezel's to the Marshall's these days. Maybe I have gotten used to the way they perform. I've always liked my Marshall's.
Anyway, would like to hear more about the X pattern in your cabs and what benefits you have realized. Obviously you are not the only one enjoying X pattern configs or mixing speakers.

+1 :checkthisout:
I also have both FL cabs (K100 and V30) and I really want to mix them in X pattern or top/bottom but I really like my full V30 cab with Diezel so... don't want to fuck it up !
But I keep hearing everywhere that X is goooood :rock:

Well, keep in mind guys I don't play out, just at home, so my experience is simply playing with myself..all alone...in the dark... :LOL: :LOL:

To start, my first FL 412 Diezel had all K100s. They were just too "smooth" and "clean" sounding with my Herbert for me. The Diezels already have that clean and clear hi gain sound to them, so that combo didn't fly for me. The V30 adds "grit" to the sound that I think complements the Diezel heads really well. I believe Peter said the preamps were tailored around the use of a V30 anyway, and completely makes sense to my ears.

The V30 tonally over powers the K100's pretty easy, so even with an X of those two, you here mostly V30 anyway. I actually prefer my all V30 cab over anything else with my Herbert. What I do like about the X pattern is with other amps, like an Uberschall or Recto, amps that have a lot of "grit" and fizz already built into their sound. So, a more neutral speaker like a K100 or K75 seem to match well with those amps. It's probably why the Bogner Uberkab comes with the 75/30 X pattern from the factory, makes sense to me anyway.

I've had the k100's in an American front loaded and vastly prefer the v30. The k100's I had a honeymoon where I liked them but popped the 30's back in and BAM! ...ear to ear again. To each his own though.

Jeebus. I've been battling this "tinny" hi-end that I thought I had fixed but it came back... Go to look at the wiring to see if something was out of phase or something and BAM! The cab has g12k-100's no wonder I hear that extreme hi end metallic sound that above the useful range for guitar. That's what I've always hated about them. It's there just enough to piss you off, it's a different high end then v30's. Anybody want to trade that likes them? I just like the mid-centric v30 voice better. Damn my good ears I knew something was off. If the high end wasnt so extended I dig the core tone a lot.

You bought this cab used? Was it sold as having V30's? Dude, you didn't do the flash light trick before buying? :shocked:

Well honestly I wasn't too worried about the speakers as I knew I could change them. I was more worried about the fact it came with a roadcase and was only 700 bucks. 1300 dollar cab and 600 dollar case equals no brainer wrong speakers or not. I'm aware of what a k100 looks like as well. I just knew for sure by the outside it was a real German cab though.

He played it with his recto so I knew it worked. Rectors have that metallic spike already so never thought anything of it. I swore that 412fk meant k100 but I didn't care. Poor pockets with insane gear deals equals have to live with it till I can sell and swap. Didn't say I had sense about me. Not like I really got screwed or anything :LOL: :LOL:

Back