Diezel Einstein: Noise (Tubes?)

stringsibanez

Hi,

So the short version is: My Einstein is producing a fair amount of pink noise (similar to wind?) and scratchy type sounds. The noise is present on both channels (louder or channel 2) and gets considerably louder when turning up the gain control.

I'm guessing this means it's time to replace a tube/tubes somewhere in the amp, but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw this up on the forum before I go spending money.
For no reason in particular (except maybe to rule it out) I threw a spare 12AX7 I had on hand into V1 -> no change other than the obvious bit of difference in tone when played through.

There's a solid chance it's just the power tubes, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate them either way.

Thanks.

(On an unrelated note: I feel like, at some point in the last 5 or so years, my Einstein started producing more noticeable hum/transformer noise.. I don't believe it's related at all since that's been the case for at least the last 3 years, but any thoughts on that would be welcomed as well.)

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the same noises (humming, crackling, pink-noise/windy sounds) are present if I listen to the "compensated out".
I'm guessing this places the issue before the power stage?

That said, I have now attempted to swap out all 6 of the preamp tubes with no luck eliminating the noise.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

fwiw I had a similar issue with noise, but more like rustling leaves. Turns out I had a bad power tube. Definitely check the power tubes.Chances are thats the culprit. Good luck!

I seem to have the exact same issue with my Diezel Einstein Combo.
The noise gets increasingly more noticeable whenever I turn up the Gain or Master Volume control.
The lowest noise levels are present at Channel 1 Mode 1. Mode 2 and 3 become noisier, while Channel 2 is the noisiest out of all.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks in advance!

These are our stock tubes. We changed also to CV4004 for
V1 and V2. It´s a good and mostly non microphonic tube.

Attachments

• Diezel Stock Tubes.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 262
Back