Hmmm Hagen.

Kinda want to try a Hagen again, I don't know if I gave myself enough time with it honestly. Like I dug it but... At the time wasn't my thing but maybe I just needed the front loaded can with it? I've noticed my vh4 is WAY more forward and I e had to flatten the eq a little and I've lost a significant amount of low end information since going to the front loaded. Still love it to death but I'm wondering how much more I'd like the Hagen now? Decisions

Like I've noticed every video of the Hagen I've liked it was on a front loaded cab. I had a bogner which exacerbated lows as it was and was very smooth on the high end. Cabs do make a HUGE difference to certain voicings

Speakers and cabs are usually the most overlooked part of the tone equation. To me the difference between the VH4 and the Hagen is the mids and the compression. VH4 channel 3 is more focused while the Hagen's mids, although still the diezel signature character, have some added complexity I think. I like both. With turning up the Hagen preamp volume, the gain character just changes a whole lot for channel 2-4 in a way I've never experienced before.

The vh4 does that too with pre volumes... Gets more middy. I'm not getting rid of my vh4 this time though to try it out. I pretty much know I like the vh4 better but just want to give the Hagen another shot. I really need another back up guitar before anything seeing as we're preparing to tour.

Back