VH4S - Attenuator, CabClone, or alternatives?

wicking

Hi all,

I'm a Diezel VH4S player since around 2010, absolutely loving the amp. I've recently moved to Austria and I have yet to find a band to play with here, or a studio of some sorts where I can have my equipment set up and not worry about it suddenly disappearing or having neighbours go deaf. In other words, I've started thinking about getting either an attenuator (or two, minding the 'S') or - possibly even better at home - some kind of cabinet simulator that can plug directly into my soundcard. I've come across the Mesa CabClone, which looks like something in line of what I want. However, I can't seem to find anything about people actually using it, and I don't want to risk damaging the amplifier.

As far as I understand, the Diezel guys frequent this forum. Obviously, any suggestion from them would be much appreciated. If not, I hope some of you others out there have been down this road before, and can provide some good suggestions or even questions. Any kind of heads up on stuff to consider is highly appreciated.

Very best,
Paul

I recommend the Palmer PDI 03 or a two notes torpedo for example. The mesa cab clone sounds quite bad in comparison imho

I've tryed just about every attenuator out there and I must say the Torpedo Reload is the best. So that's the one I have. Doesn't color even at heavy attenuation. Check out Pete Thorn's video demo it.

Thanks guys. I've been looking into the Palmer PDI-05 combined with the PLB2X8 load box, which seems like a viable solution for the VH4S. I appreciate the Torpedo Reload suggestion, I've spent some time reading up on it and people seem to have nothing but good words about it. Only problem I see is that it'll set me back twice as much as the palmer solution, as I'll need two of them. I'll check out Pete Thorn's video and see if it'll convince me to save up a little more and rather go that way - I must admit I like the idea of the added features as well.

Back