Recommend me a repair shop for Diezel amps in Chicago

azzzy

I need to take my Diezel VH4 to a shop to be biased and possibly repaired. I already tried one shop and had less than stellar experience. Don't want to take any more chances and would like to take it to a reputable shop (preferably an authorized Diezel shop). If anyone knows of a competent amp tech around NW Chicago suburbs or the city of Chicago (within 40 miles of Buffalo Grove, IL 60089) the info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. :rock:

paulyc":118e5m56 said:
Is Egnater still around Chicago ??? Bruce is awesome.

According to their website Egnater is in CA. Besides I don't know if they would service a competitor's amp.

Bruce does his amp seminar's in Michigan several times a year, he's modded 4 Marshalls for me over the years, and he's capable of fixing your amp...

paulyc":2oe0epf2 said:
Bruce does his amp seminar's in Michigan several times a year, he's modded 4 Marshalls for me over the years, and he's capable of fixing your amp...

Oh, I don't question his ability - I question his desire. :) I don't want to mod my VH4 - I just want it fixed (if it's even necessary, it's possible the correct biasing will be enough). Anyway, he's not in Chicago. Thanks for the tip though.

Chicago music exchange Brian Carstens used to be the authorized repairman a long time ago for Diezel. Those were his words to me anyway. He replaced a filter cap for me and I can't complain.

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":12goj5ad said:
Chicago music exchange Brian Carstens used to be the authorized repairman a long time ago for Diezel. Those were his words to me anyway. He replaced a filter cap for me and I can't complain.

Cool, thanks, I will check it out.

dirtyfunkg":21zlojsn said:
Tim Schroeder is also a good bet.

Oh, cool. He's actually not too far from me (I'm in Buffalo Grove and avoid driving to the city if I can help it). I think Peter has mentioned him too. The only thing is he's probably expensive. :scared:

Back