Diezel 4X12 RL

Dark Helmet

First of all I do believe that this RL cab is a U.S made Diezel cab. If someone can confirm that would be great. Also is this cab better sounding than the Mesa 4x12 Traditional Straight cab? I have the Mesa Traditional Straight cab and i really like it, so not sure it's worth getting this cab or not. Also it does come with U.K. made Vintage 30's.

The red nut and serial number are dead giveaways. An American wrote those "1's", Germans write 1 that looks like a 7 to us.

I just sold one of these cabs actually, it's a good cab. IIRC, the same outfit that makes the Bogner cabs built these. I actually ran this cab along with a Mesa traditional strait in a stereo A/B rig. I would say they are real similar, both cabs are quality built, both are strait, and with both having English V30's it's going to be hard to tell one from the other. I sold mine because it had an X of V30's and the Eminence "oem" speakers and I quickly came to dislike those oem's.

I have some Bogner 4x12 clones that were built here in Washington State by a local amp builder. I have English V30's in them but they don't sound anything like my Mesa Cab. I have been inside the cab and it's built well but perhaps the Bogner built ones are better.

For a while I had both of these cabs paired with my VH4.
The Mesa traditional is slightly tighter, a little harsher, cuts better live.
I think it's mostly the Mesa V30 s, they're slightly different than standard UK v30s.
The USA Diezel is a nice cab it's a little smoother, warmer than the Mesa, and a little less punchy.

They are both similar enough that I didn't keep the Diezel, I like the Mesa marginally more.
Now I'm after a German made FL.

NB

rickenbacker198":on2z98fh said:
For a while I had both of these cabs paired with my VH4.
The Mesa traditional is slightly tighter, a little harsher, cuts better live.
I think it's mostly the Mesa V30 s, they're slightly different than standard UK v30s.
The USA Diezel is a nice cab it's a little smoother, warmer than the Mesa, and a little less punchy.

They are both similar enough that I didn't keep the Diezel, I like the Mesa marginally more.
Now I'm after a German made FL.

NB
Peter Diezel":on2z98fh said:
They are made by the same manufacture ;)

Thank you both. That was very helpful.

Back