Advice on new cab for VH4 and Herbert

kalt

Need advice on another 412.

Ok, so I’ve got a Friedman BE, VH4, Herbert, Mark V, and a Rhodes Orthos inbound in a few weeks.

Currently, I have a 412 Friedman Cab loaded with all V30s and two CAA 212’s front loaded with WGS Vet 30s. I also just sold a Diezel 212 rear loaded cab (too boomy and harsh on the highs to my ears).

I’m thinking of getting another 412, since the Mark is the only amp that sounds good with the CAA 212s.

I dig the Friedman cab for all of my amps but lately I have started to think that it’s a bit boomy for the Diezels

That said, I’ve been thinking about getting a front loaded 412 for the VH4 and Herbert. The problem is that I have read where they can be harsh and very unforgiving. I generally really dig the tight percussive “thump” thang and play everything from blues, classic rock, to aggressive metal and I play metal (some drop tuneing , 7 strings) most.

So…my question is, do I get the Diezel 412 FL or do I get another Friedman cab with V30s and just work on the EQ more. If the Diezel is the answer in your opinion, also let me know thoughts on what speakers.

I should also say that I am an at home player and rarely gig, so portability / weight is not a concern.

Sorry to be long winded but any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

German built 412F front loaded with either all V30's, or an X pattern of V30's/K100's. Best cab in the business.

Let's analyze this a bit. You've got (apparently) 2 Diezel amps.

Simple solution, stop fidgeting! Get a Diezel speaker cab for your Diezel amps. Front loaded, rear loaded (doesn't matter which one) they both will sound better than any other 3rd party cab you may find.

Master expert Papa D. knows cabs . . .

Make sense?

RJF":2ouz3ceb said:
German built 412F front loaded with either all V30's, or an X pattern of V30's/K100's. Best cab in the business.

I'll have to agree.
My "regular" set-up has been K100 in top 4X12 and V30's in bottom 4X12

AWESOME....nothing more to say.

Back