How did you find them together?
Did/ Do you find it adds to the sound ?
What does it add that the VH4 lacks?

Thanks
Nathan

RJF":39kelwmn said:
<-----------------------------------

I've had the VH4 since the early 2000's
But I've never had a chance to play another Diezel.

How is the VH4 vs the Uberschall that you used to run with the Herbert??

How do you find the channels mix ?

Thanks

I've run mine along a Marshall JMP, and also a IIC+. Obviously to try to experience the tones of A Jones and Hetfield respectively as close as I can at home. To see what's providing what in their tones, so I can develop my own flavour.
It sounded fantastic with both. I found the VH4 does the heavy lifting with the bottom end and low mids, whereas the other two both fill in the higher end of the spectrum, the bite and crisp crunch. Huge sound that gives a huge grin. Switching one amp off really highlights what drops out of the sound when they are dialled in for a sweet balance, obviously, but the results were interesting for me to hear the isolated amp tones then the mix. I'm no pro, so Ive not had the chance to try this stuff out prior. Although I have once used the IIC+ (combo) and a 2554 combo mixed for gigging and it sounded great also.
Both amps through their own cabs. Nothing pro about the mixing method for me, just plug in and adjust the volumes for a good balance. Nice and Easy.

I'm working on ordering a Friedman JJ from Brad this week to mix with my vh4..
I had a bogner twin jet I ran with the vh4 and it sounded good mixed. I didn't care for the bogner by itself so I dumped it.
I'll post back when I get my hands of the JJ.

^^^
Steve does it again.....outstanding!!!
clap.gif

rickenbacker198":9nkau34f said:
RJF":9nkau34f said:
<-----------------------------------

I've had the VH4 since the early 2000's
But I've never had a chance to play another Diezel.

How is the VH4 vs the Uberschall that you used to run with the Herbert??

How do you find the channels mix ?

Thanks
First off, the Herbert is my go to Diezel, not the VH4. So it's always "what will I pair with my herbert?" I ran a Twin Jet with my Herbert for a long time and liked it a lot, but the Ubers lack in features and versatility. I prefer having two midi amps as it gives me a lot more sound and switching options. I could never run both amps clean when I had the TJ, where now I have full stereo cleans with the VH4. Soundwise, there isn't a lot of difference, since each amp is only 50% of the sound, but with all the amps I ran with my Herbert (including a Hagen) I landed on the VH4 because I'm kind of a purist, I like having an all Diezel rig. Same with my Mesa rig, both heads Mesa. I just prefer it that way.

As far as channels with the Herbert and VH4, Herbert ch2 pairs with V ch3, and H ch3 pairs with V ch4, and ch1/ch1 are in phase, other combos are not in phase.

Here it is. Just got it home this week,
The JJ sounds huge with the vh4.. Still trying to find a good cab for the JJ.
The vh4 sounds killer with any cab you throw at it. The JJ not so much

2005 VH4 + Mako MAK2.

For distortion Mako being dialed for more "scooped" (not too much!) and VH4 for the middle bite.
Beautiful and huge "fill the room" clean sounds.

I also have a 2007 Herbert, but the above has been my main setup so far. Maybe I could give Herbert another try someday.

Back