Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Mon, Jun 26, 2017 10:37am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07, 2016 3:04pm 
Apprentice NOOB

just wondering why i'm having no luck selling this killer rig!
head and cab cases included.

it's been up for a good while now and no one seems to be biting.
thought i'd share the link here if anyone is interested.

https://reverb.com/item/1196704-diezel- ... s-included

cheers.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07, 2016 3:54pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

There just arent a lot of people laying down $4k+ on a rig right now man. Over the last year I've seen a number of VH4 heads going for $2500 or less and the Diezel cabs arent moving and when they are its more like $800 or less. Hell I sold my VH4S around a year and a half ago for $2400 shipped...

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07, 2016 4:05pm 
Apprentice NOOB

yikes ok. thanks for the reality check.
looks like i'll lower the price i think it might be scaring people away.
when i just had the head posted i got a few offers but they were ridiculously low.

how much bearing, if any, do you think the tour cases have on the price?

thanks so much for your post.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07, 2016 4:20pm 
Apprentice NOOB

update: i reduced the price since posting this.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 08, 2016 1:48am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

good luck, hope you sell it. Where i live anything used thats worth more then 2k new will go for half the price.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 08, 2016 5:14pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Man it only goes that low because people let it. There's just a no reason a 4400 dollar head that isn't over saturated in the market should ever go that low unless it is in just horrible friggin shape. Ridiculous!

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09, 2016 2:47am 
Apprentice NOOB

yea i'd never sell my rig short. i know what it's worth and i'm not going to accept any insultingly low offers for it.
i'm just surprised no one has made an offer worth accepting ha!

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09, 2016 4:31am 
Apprentice NOOB

Looking at the 2 pictures of your cabs that you have displayed, those 4x12 cabs appear to be a "slanted". Peter's front loaded cabs are not slanted, the grill on Peter's front loaded cabs are straight and flush with the front of the cab.

Ex: Diezel front loaded.

Your cab slanted.

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09, 2016 4:47am 
Apprentice NOOB

To me it looks like it's back loaded. Those cabs are slightly slanted too.

If you don't have to sell just wait. I had an JVM on sale for over a year until someone payed what I asked. I didn't lower the price At an point.

Effects: GLAB GSC-1 w/Wah pad , TC G-Major, EVH wah, Ibanez TS9, Ibanez PM7, MXR Carbon Copy, TC HOF mini, Korg Pitchblack Tuner

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09, 2016 3:36pm 
Apprentice NOOB

@wormholes forgive my ignorance i may be wrong..i assumed my cab was front loaded after removing the side handles and looked inside.
all speakers were right behind the grill. as opposed to on the back part of the cab. did you get a chance to see those pics?
thank you for posting!

Last edited by sorcerscore on Sat, Apr 09, 2016 4:01pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09, 2016 3:38pm 
Apprentice NOOB

@gaskocher thanks. i agree. the right person will get it at the right time.

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09, 2016 10:40pm 
Apprentice NOOB

sorcerscore wrote:
@wormholes forgive my ignorance i may be wrong..i assumed my cab was front loaded after removing the side handles and looked inside.
all speakers were right behind the grill. as opposed to on the back part of the cab. did you get a chance to see those pics?
thank you for posting!
sorcerscore, I apologize, I only saw the 2 photos in your advertisement lineup.

However, there's no written musical speaker cabinet law that states all FL cabs need not to be slanted of vertically flush. Also, somebody may correct me if 'm wrong, Peter's FL cab speakers are accessible by simply removing the front grill cover and it will be clear that the speakers are mounted to the front side of the speaker baffle.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10, 2016 8:35am 
Plank Cranker

Its rear loaded. You can tell because you can actually remove the rear panel. 99.9% of the time FL cabs do not have a removable rear panel. If still in question remove the rear panel and see if you cam get the speakers out.

Edit: You can actually see the mounting screws in the photo. 100% it's rear loaded.

OP front and rear loaded means which side of the front panel the speakers are mounted to not which panel. Your speakers are mounted to the rear of the front panel.

Good deals: Neeklaus, SoulIncision, King Guitar, DevilInside, PeteLaramee, brocksteady70, PaulyPanacea, hunter, apophis, tcrash, Mizati20, Bxlxaxkxe, Orbis_Mortis, PBgas, Thaifoo, Metalhead, ampjunkie, Shiny_Surface, 232Cap, orangekick, MindCrime, vangkm007, halebox, Gsxrbusa, tarkken, Joe Gamble, nevusofota

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10, 2016 11:56am 
Supah Stah

It isn't selling because it's still priced fairly high, it's a USA cab with the crappy OEM speakers, and it's misrepresented and misleading due to the fact that it's listed as a front loaded cab but is clearly a rear load cab.

I just sold one of those cabs, but with an X of V30's and those OEM's for $650. If it didn't have the two mesa V30's in mine, I probably wouldn't have sold it for that.

If you want it to sell, you'll have to come down another grand and fix your description. Most of us that can clearly see the poster doesn't know what they have when they list their item or discribe it incorrectly, run away. It's usually a bad sign. Not being dicky, just stating a fact that happens for most buyers browsing internet for sale adds.

Unfortunately, the market just keeps getting worse and worse. $3K for a clean VH4 is not a good deal anymore. You can pick them up in the mid 2K range if you shop a little. The cab, IMHO, are $500 cabs. Seems today, nothing sells unless it's vintage, hard to get, or is a good deal.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10, 2016 3:01pm 
Apprentice NOOB

any trades?

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 3:25pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert wrote:
Man it only goes that low because people let it. There's just a no reason a 4400 dollar head that isn't over saturated in the market should ever go that low unless it is in just horrible friggin shape. Ridiculous!

Incorrect. New prices have little bearing on the used value for any product. The market sets the price, if you want it to sell you price it at a point that the market can bear. Otherwise you sit on it until someone who doesn't know any better places the same value on it that you do.

Think about it from an economic point of view, its 2016, a VH4 and matching cab in the states are not rare or terribly hard to find things any more. Every year more VH4 heads and cabs hit the new market which means there are more available for the used market. I don't see the demand side keeping up with the increased supply. Too much supply, not enough demand, price comes down...

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 3:40pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

those amps are selling for $2,500 or less. so you are basically wanting $1,500 for the cab and road cases plus shipping.

you say you are shocked that no one has made an offer but I think the posters above has accurately identified why no one is bidding. it may be worth more in your mind but the market right now sucks.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 3:47pm 
Apprentice NOOB

@slyvren thank you! been wanting to know this information. really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 3:49pm 
Apprentice NOOB

justinashouri wrote:
any trades?

sorry not interested in trades. trying to downsize.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 3:52pm 
Apprentice NOOB

sleewell2 wrote:
those amps are selling for $2,500 or less. so you are basically wanting $1,500 for the cab and road cases plus shipping.

you say you are shocked that no one has made an offer but I think the posters above has accurately identified why no one is bidding. it may be worth more in your mind but the market right now sucks.

fair enough. this thread has answered my questions in a lot of ways. i appreciate all feedback. i'm willing to accept a fair offer. not looking to make money off it, just looking to sell it for a fair price.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 3:55pm 
Apprentice NOOB

RJF wrote:
It isn't selling because it's still priced fairly high, it's a USA cab with the crappy OEM speakers, and it's misrepresented and misleading due to the fact that it's listed as a front loaded cab but is clearly a rear load cab.

I just sold one of those cabs, but with an X of V30's and those OEM's for $650. If it didn't have the two mesa V30's in mine, I probably wouldn't have sold it for that.

If you want it to sell, you'll have to come down another grand and fix your description. Most of us that can clearly see the poster doesn't know what they have when they list their item or discribe it incorrectly, run away. It's usually a bad sign. Not being dicky, just stating a fact that happens for most buyers browsing internet for sale adds.

Unfortunately, the market just keeps getting worse and worse. $3K for a clean VH4 is not a good deal anymore. You can pick them up in the mid 2K range if you shop a little. The cab, IMHO, are $500 cabs. Seems today, nothing sells unless it's vintage, hard to get, or is a good deal.

thanks for the post. i never meant to mislead in my description about the cab being front loaded, that was just me being misinformed, i appreciate everyone chiming in about it being rear loaded. the description has since been updated. the cases were also a factor in my price, i wasn't putting so much worth into the cab. i'm definitely willing to come down on the price.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 8:21pm 
Supah Stah

sorcerscore wrote:
RJF wrote:

thanks for the post. i never meant to mislead in my description about the cab being front loaded, that was just me being misinformed, i appreciate everyone chiming in about it being rear loaded. the description has since been updated. the cases were also a factor in my price, i wasn't putting so much worth into the cab. i'm definitely willing to come down on the price.

I completely understand that you just simply didn't know. Again, I wasn't trying to be a dick, just saying it exactly the way a random buyer would browsing the add. The cases do add some value, but they can be a tough sell too, unfortunately. Best of luck my friend.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 9:45pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

GOHOINC wrote:

Incorrect. New prices have little bearing on the used value for any product. The market sets the price, if you want it to sell you price it at a point that the market can bear. Otherwise you sit on it until someone who doesn't know any better places the same value on it that you do.

Think about it from an economic point of view, its 2016, a VH4 and matching cab in the states are not rare or terribly hard to find things any more. Every year more VH4 heads and cabs hit the new market which means there are more available for the used market. I don't see the demand side keeping up with the increased supply. Too much supply, not enough demand, price comes down...

Everything you just said I said in my very first sentence. I agree with supply and demand but what is there still lest then 2000 of each model still or at least that's about were they are. Not exactly a lot. I agree with that in the future but right now... No.

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 12, 2016 9:50am 
Supah Stah

GOHOINC wrote:

Everything you just said I said in my very first sentence. I agree with supply and demand but what is there still lest then 2000 of each model still or at least that's about were they are. Not exactly a lot. I agree with that in the future but right now... No.
I'm sorry, but right now yes. How do I know you are wrong? Because I can guarantee you that if I wanted to prove a point, I could have 5 different used VH4's on their way to me by the end of the day.

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 12, 2016 10:47am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

RJF wrote:
GOHOINC wrote:

I'm sorry, but right now yes. How do I know you are wrong? Because I can guarantee you that if I wanted to prove a point, I could have 5 different used VH4's on their way to me by the end of the day.

Exactly my point. 5-10 years ago one could not make that statement and the VH4 commanded a high price in the used market. Nowadays it seems I can find them on every site I look at and know a number of individuals who have them among their collection. I see higher supply in the used market without an increase in the number or people looking for amps in that price range, let alone specifically a VH4.

To reflect on the market more generally look at the Bogner XTC Classic. There will never be more of them in existence than there are today and they are still dropping in price.

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 12, 2016 4:47pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

RJF wrote:
GOHOINC wrote:

I uh... Don't believe you. :)

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 12, 2016 8:14pm 
Supah Stah

RJF wrote:
GOHOINC wrote:

I uh... Don't believe you. :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176648
https://reverb.com/item/1920962-diezel- ... -condition
https://reverb.com/item/1882453-diezel- ... -pre-owned
https://reverb.com/item/1604278-diezel-vh4-2007-stock
https://reverb.com/item/1572171-diezel- ... tone-black
https://reverb.com/item/1301235-diezel- ... ack-silver
https://reverb.com/item/1313799-diezel- ... light-case
https://reverb.com/item/1196704-diezel- ... s-included
http://tonemerchants.com/news/bob-rocks ... -for-sale/
https://www.facebook.com/thearushaaccor ... 2221360480
\:D/

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 12, 2016 9:29pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

But...You said you'd buy them

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 13, 2016 10:25am 
Apprentice NOOB

RJF wrote:

Come on man, tell us what you really want to say! :)

Seriously, I' have 2 Diezel slant 4x12 cabs (I adore) they were loaded in a X-pattern of V30s and Peters (supposedly) custom Eminence 12". The Eminence sounded good "mixed" for a while but I eventually realized that mixing speakers just because we're "tone snobs" isn't gonna make us any better players and the cab was missing that all around rich tone that the Eminence lacked. I then swapped out the Eminence for 2 V30s and the cab came alive.

I play mostly '80 and '90s rock - Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Zep, Purple, etc . . . Even Peter told me directly that he's not a fan of mixing speakers. And believe it or not (even though you can mix and match various power tubes pair-wise in his amps) Peter also told me directly that he's not a fan of mixing power tubes either. He said he simply adds this feature as a "convenience".

So my advice, if you're into hard rock and metal, the Celestion V30 is the way to go.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 14, 2016 10:15am 
Supah Stah

I can't agree more. The Eminence speakers suck. At very first, I thought they sounded cool because they somewhat reminded me of a P50E and had kind of a scooped sound, but after a while their weird high end wore on me.

I have two other diezel cabs with a V30/K100 X and like them, but the V30's over power the K100's considerably and are a majority of the sound. I agree, V30 when paired with anything Diezel. The Diezels are so "clean" sounding that the grit a V30 adds is just right.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 14, 2016 4:08pm 
Apprentice NOOB

RJF wrote:
I can't agree more. The Eminence speakers suck. At very first, I thought they sounded cool because they somewhat reminded me of a P50E and had kind of a scooped sound, but after a while their weird high end wore on me.

I have two other diezel cabs with a V30/K100 X and like them, but the V30's over power the K100's considerably and are a majority of the sound. I agree, V30 when paired with anything Diezel. The Diezels are so "clean" sounding that the grit a V30 adds is just right.
Nice RJF!

I wouldn't go as far as saying the Eminence suck, but they are without a doubt subpar to Celestion and to the all mighty Celestion V30 particularly for rock & metal. Also, if you want to A/B a V30 with the Eminence ~equivalent, the closest spec-wise Eminence is the CV-75 (although it's 75W, not 60W the specs are almost identical). BTW, back in the day when Peter's business partner was UWE Salwender mostly distributing out of Tone Merchants when they were located in Anaheim CA (now in Hollwierd CA), the tag on the rim of the Eminence magnet read (DV12-V8) meaning 12" diameter or ~30cm at 8Ohm.

PostPosted: Sat, May 07, 2016 10:36pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Try 1999.00 for a Mk2 -2013 Herbert mint that's about what I got offered.

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 04, 2017 10:06pm 
Apprentice NOOB

what's so bad about eminence speakers? so many people hating on them.

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 05, 2017 11:47am 
Supah Stah

sorcerscore wrote:

Maybe because they don't sound good? :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 05, 2017 12:34pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

RJF wrote:
sorcerscore wrote:

Do you guys feel that way about Eminence speakers in general or just this specific model? I'm curious because I don't have much experience with Eminence. I really the Eminence MS-12 in my Mark IIC+ combo though. I compared to the EV in another Mark IIC+ combo I used to have and much preferred the Eminence MS-12. So far V30's are probably still my favorites

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 05, 2017 2:24pm 
Supah Stah

braintheory wrote:
RJF wrote:
sorcerscore wrote:

Do you guys feel that way about Eminence speakers in general or just this specific model? I'm curious because I don't have much experience with Eminence. I really the Eminence MS-12 in my Mark IIC+ combo though. I compared to the EV in another Mark IIC+ combo I used to have and much preferred the Eminence MS-12. So far V30's are probably still my favorites
I meant the Eminence speaker found in the USA Diezel cabs.

Outside of that the only experience I have is the P50E in my VHT stuff. I like that speaker in the VHT gear, because the P50E is partly what defines that VHT sound. However I don't really like anything else plugged into my fatbottom cab and visa versa I don't really like my Ultra Lead plugged into one of my Celestion cabs. Nothing sounds "right" to me. It's like when Heinz came out with green Ketchup, it's just not right. Make sense? :lol: :LOL:

My default speaker has always been and probably always will be the T4335 Celestion V30 (aka the Mesa V30). That speaker is terrific and perodically watch CL for old beat mesa recto cabs for cheap to harvest those speakers.

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 06, 2017 1:25pm 
Apprentice NOOB

i'm just wondering how many people could pick eminence speakers when it's a blindfold test. i believe people like to rip them apart just because it's cool to sound like you know your shit on message boards like this. could you really hear a difference when you're cranked in a massive club playing live with a band??? i'm being serious i'd like to know if all you eminence haters have such good ears that it would ruin your concert going experience or hearing an album. my guess is you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. maybe under a microscope and A - b'ing them you'd be able to against other speakers but if you're running a top of the line VH4 head through a 4x12 cab of eminence speakers you'd be blown out of the room.

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 06, 2017 1:26pm 
Apprentice NOOB

RJF wrote:
sorcerscore wrote:

they do sound good...people are just hating to sound like gear head purists.

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 06, 2017 10:33pm 
Supah Stah

sorcerscore wrote:
i'm just wondering how many people could pick eminence speakers when it's a blindfold test. i believe people like to rip them apart just because it's cool to sound like you know your shit on message boards like this. could you really hear a difference when you're cranked in a massive club playing live with a band??? i'm being serious i'd like to know if all you eminence haters have such good ears that it would ruin your concert going experience or hearing an album. my guess is you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. maybe under a microscope and A - b'ing them you'd be able to against other speakers but if you're running a top of the line VH4 head through a 4x12 cab of eminence speakers you'd be blown out of the room.

Oh please anyone with an experienced ear can pick out an Eminence vs a V30 in a heartbeat.

Peter builds his amp's EQ around the V30 speaker, far as I'm aware. The cheap Eminence found in the USA cabs has nothing to do with Diezel Amplification and was the US distributor's workings trying to find a speaker for less cost, IIRC. They sound unappealing to most people when compared to a Celestion and is why they have a terrible reputation. If it upsets you, oh well.

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 06, 2017 10:50pm 
Supah Stah

sorcerscore wrote:
RJF wrote:
sorcerscore wrote:

Coming from the guy that doesn't even know the difference between a front and rear load design. :D

I'm sorry your stuff didn't sell, or at least sell for the price you wanted. Those speakers.... are a considerable turn off for a lot of buyers and for a substantial reason. If you ever get the chance, swap in some good Mesa V30's into that cab and you will then understand what everyone says here.

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 07, 2017 3:11am 
Apprentice NOOB

RJF wrote:
sorcerscore wrote:
RJF wrote:
sorcerscore wrote:

Coming from the guy that doesn't even know the difference between a front and rear load design. :D

I'm sorry your stuff didn't sell, or at least sell for the price you wanted. Those speakers.... are a considerable turn off for a lot of buyers and for a substantial reason. If you ever get the chance, swap in some good Mesa V30's into that cab and you will then understand what everyone says here.

ok fair enough...i appreciate the comment, except the jab in the first line but it's cool i'm not as in tune with gear as most in all fairness so i deserved that one.
i'd like to pick your brain on this since you seem to know what's up...i'm trying to sell my 4x12 cab with the emminence speakers in it. how much would you say the 4x12 cab is worth? it's in a custom live in encore case that was close to a grand and i'm asking $1300 OBO. i'm open to reasonable offers. what do you think it's worth? again...i do appreciate the info.

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08, 2017 12:10am 
Supah Stah

I don't really know much about road cases, but I will say it seems like I've seen live in cab cases for a couple hundred bucks in decent to good condition.

For the cab, I personally don't think it's worth much over $550. But with all fairness even if it had all V30's I don't think it would be worth more than about $650-675. As I mentioned back when this thread was new, I sold the SAME EXACT cab that had an X of those oem speakers and Mesa V30's for $650. I also had to drive 100 miles to deliver it to the buyer for that price too. The last German newer style cab I bought I paid $700 for a Diezel 412 front load with an X of V30's/K100's and those cabs are much more sought after than the older USA made cabs.

Where the problem comes in with these USA cabs is that if you have a buyer that just wants a good quality cab, the competition is Mesa, Marshall, VHT, Framus, Orange, even Bogner cabs all selling in that $350-600 range. Now, if you find a Diezel purist that wants a Diezel cab specifically, there is a good chance he's looking for the newer German built cabs and is likely not interested in a USA cab, unless the price is cheap enough of course.

Just my opinion and good luck my friend.

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 09, 2017 2:29am 
Apprentice NOOB

RJF wrote:
I don't really know much about road cases, but I will say it seems like I've seen live in cab cases for a couple hundred bucks in decent to good condition.

For the cab, I personally don't think it's worth much over $550. But with all fairness even if it had all V30's I don't think it would be worth more than about $650-675. As I mentioned back when this thread was new, I sold the SAME EXACT cab that had an X of those oem speakers and Mesa V30's for $650. I also had to drive 100 miles to deliver it to the buyer for that price too. The last German newer style cab I bought I paid $700 for a Diezel 412 front load with an X of V30's/K100's and those cabs are much more sought after than the older USA made cabs.

Where the problem comes in with these USA cabs is that if you have a buyer that just wants a good quality cab, the competition is Mesa, Marshall, VHT, Framus, Orange, even Bogner cabs all selling in that $350-600 range. Now, if you find a Diezel purist that wants a Diezel cab specifically, there is a good chance he's looking for the newer German built cabs and is likely not interested in a USA cab, unless the price is cheap enough of course.

Just my opinion and good luck my friend.

thank you for the info! i reduced the price accordingly. i totally understand there's lots of competition out there so i'm hoping my reduced price and the fact that it's in a pretty badass touring case helps get it sold.
thanks again for taking the time out, much appreciated! :thumbsup: