Diezel Schmidt speakers

temple12

Hi all,

New to the forums as well as the owner of a a new Diezel Schmidt. I was just wondering what other form users liked for speakers on this amp?

I found the tonetubby hempcones to be a perfect match with the schmidt. I also like v30 very much but the hempcones are great! Very big sound even in a 1x12 cab

temple12":22ujythd said:
Thanks!

What do you guys think about the difference between these and a v30 by comparison?
If you're into hard rock/progressive rock/metal, once you go Celestion you'll never look back.

I completely agree! The V30 for rock music. :rock: For crystal-clear sound, I would look for other speakers.
I also tried this amp with Celestion greenback g12m and Tone Tubby Nashville (Alnico and Ceramic). Personally for me Fane sounds better. :)
Sorry for my English... :D

temple12":17pyluaq said:
Hi all,

New to the forums as well as the owner of a a new Diezel Schmidt. I was just wondering what other form users liked for speakers on this amp?
Just another thought. The Eminence CV-65. They're almost identical in specs, the CV-65 is 5W> and the resonance is lower than the V30. However if you want to save a few bucks, the CV-65 is $50 less than the all mighty V30.

http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speake ... odel=CV-65

For me, V30 is King.

vintage30_zoom1.png

Eminence CV-65

CV658-large.jpg

Or, to get some sort of "Greenback meets V30" you might check out the v-Type. This is a really nice sounding speaker with a much better cleansound than the v30.
Unfortunately I never tried it with the Schmidt but I could imagine this fits fine. It's also a bit cheaper..

Great suggestions, all... thanks so much!

For what it's worth, I had this in the port city 2x12 with a Naylor SD50 speaker when I got the amp: http://www.austinspeakerworks.com/KTS-70-p-16135.html. I pulled it out in favor of a V-30 recently, but thought I'd look for other suggestions. In case anyone was wondering, the KTS-70 had a bit too much treble for this amp and some kind of weird cone cry that was grating (but was great with a more vintage Marshall style amp before it). I'm keeping the Naylor in for now, but not sure if I want to change it out.

And oh yes, this is for RAWK. :)

Gutmann":ijn0w0h7 said:
This is a really nice sounding speaker with a much better cleansound than the v30.
You left out one important point, the v-type has only a much better clean sound than the V30 when you're testing it at the event horizon of a super massive black hole - you only get one shot at it.

Back