fx for DMoll and ch switching?

crankyrayhanky

What are people using?

I had a cheap Joyo PXL (midi) that worked well, but I sold the pedalboard off for Fractal fx8.
The sounds are fantastic but the switching is less than 100%, despite installing a new midi chip. I've been trying to solve this for 5 months and I give up on this combination for live switching

So my options are to sell the DMoll or build another board :doh:
Maybe a TC Nova? G System? Boss ES5 and back to pedals? Helix?

Any insight appreciated if you can verify something that works. I'd prefer not to go back to Joyo.

I may go ahead and try the $129 event processor
Sweetwater and a sweet return policy so there is little risk
if this piece works that would be awesome

I'll be very interested in the results as I'm in 90% the same boat at the minute, FX8 + Herbert with a new mid chip and less than reliable switching with some lag tho that lag might well have something to do with how I have my switch latching set up.

Got an eventide time factor recently and am totally in love with it. Best effects pedal I've ever used.
Sounds pure, and absolutely the most unaltered (uncoloured) pedal I've ever used. I'm used to analog pedals, but this pedal is fucking unbelievable!
Sounds amazing through my uber twin jet and D-moll.
With the Diezel fs7he and the time factor in the loop, it leaves me nothing to be desired.
I use a little phase 90, Dimebag wah, and Maxon od808 out front for some other flavor as well.

I give up on the fx8<>DMoll...I bought a midi 1 to 2 from Sweetwater and no difference...it's not happening at 100% which makes this combo useless together. So frustrating...

Since the DMoll loop is programmable I could skip the Boss es8 and just grab an es5 and tap dance my loop stuff (delay, reverb). I typically like to go from mid cut on rhythms to No mid cut on Solos so I don't really want to tap dance all of that on an FS7HE along with Tap Tempo on a Delay.
I could use the es5 to switch the preAmp stuff (OD, Phaser, Tremor).
I'm thinking maybe the Ibanez Echo since I can tap it on/off and then set the tempo.

So es5 & Ibby Echo is my new plan (?)

As long as it involves you keeping that amazing dmoll, I'd say it sounds likes it's worth a shot dude. I love this thing the more I play it

Back