Lil Fokker - Strange Hiss on Clean

arrowhk

Just picked up a Lil Fokker from Guitar Center - super great amp. Really digging everything about it.

Unfortunately, I get a very strange high-pitched hiss sound on the clean channel when the Mid is between 7.5-10 and the Gain is on about 6-8. With the Gain below 8 or above 6, no hiss no matter where the Mid is. Likewise, with the Mid below 7.5 I can crank the Gain all the way to 10 without hearing the noise.

There is audible crackling when cranking the gain while the Mid is between 7.5-10; sounds similar to a dirty pot. Does not happen when Mid is not between 7.5-10.

Absolutely no problems with the Lead channel, and all of these sounds are audible when not playing. While the hiss sound is present, the tone I get while playing is significantly altered - sounds like some kind of high-pitched jangly, fizzy noise.

I really love this amp and hope there is an easy fix! Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!!

Last edited:
cloudvk":3lptj9sb said:
Just picked up a Lil Fokker from Guitar Center here in Nashville, TN - super great amp. Really digging everything about it.

Unfortunately, I get a very strange high-pitched hiss sound on the clean channel when the Mid is between 7.5-10 and the Gain is on about 6-8. With the Gain below 8 or above 6, no hiss no matter where the Mid is. Likewise, with the Mid below 7.5 I can crank the Gain all the way to 10 without hearing the noise.

There is audible crackling when cranking the gain while the Mid is between 7.5-10; sounds similar to a dirty pot. Does not happen when Mid is not between 7.5-10.

Absolutely no problems with the Lead channel, and all of these sounds are audible when not playing. While the hiss sound is present, the tone I get while playing is significantly altered - sounds like some kind of high-pitched jangly, fizzy noise.

I really love this amp and hope there is an easy fix! Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!!
Evan

Hi Evan.

Like most here. I would say swap your preamp tubes one at a time. I am sure there is a culprit in there.

Back