DieZel Einstein is coming friday

Adleneknot

Banned
Hey folks,
What can you tell me about The Einstein amp?
I used to own a VH4 good amp, and I have played the Herbert and the D moll.
I love the 3rd channel of the herbert with mid cut on.
Hope the Einstein has enough gain dirty and gets saturated well with a massive low end.

Versatility, tones, and quality 100%.

And let's remember here folks - there's "bedroom brootz" which is just nonsensical high gain chugging closet case jerk off tone; and then there's "true tone" which is the stuff that a) gets mic'd and recorded, b) actually demonstrates a player's abilities to play the instrument, and c) offers note articulation.

No amp/cab ever gets mic'd at nearly the level of gain/distortion we typically jack off to at bedroom levels. I say this in context of the Einstein, in that it delivers great high-gain, for gigging, jamming and recording - it's top drawer. With jamming or gigging, the higher the gain the less the cut the crappier the tone and just gobs of fizzy shit. Growling articulate mids and thickness - THAT's what cuts - THAT's what music we listen to is actually composed of. Even if we fool ourselves into thinking Madison Square Bedroom gain levels are where it's at.

Bro, it's a quality amp - period.
Unkle Mo

Lotta people said the amp has not enough gain and it does not do metal well however it has a very unique nice tone.
I'm gonna try it and will see.
it's like new condition bought it from the Original owner.

Adleneknot":1okvvglu said:
Lotta people said the amp has not enough gain and it does not do metal well however it has a very unique nice tone.

I dare to have any of these cats who actually say this have a look at the very amps their fave guitarists are playing through and check their settings/EQ. What we hear in the garage isn't what's being laid down from mic to track. Brootz ain't all about gain - it's about thump, thud, growl, and up-front mids and thickness without getting all compressed and hi-fi sounding. Sure sure, back in the 90s and early 2000s there was a rage for this almost computer like gain tone (KMFDM, Ministry, etc.) but even that stuff was a lot of post-prod from what was actually recorded. High gain gets lost, growling gain bites... It's a killer amp Bro, and hey, it's a Diezel.

Unkle Mo

I tried a 50w Einstein recently, and that thing will do metal just fine. It sounded killer, although I did prefer it boosted a touch.

Scoop the mids on channel one mode 3 for some nice chugga chug. I use channel 2 as a touch sensitive lead tone. Crank the mids and keep the gain below 11-12 o'clock bring the volume up past 1 o'clock (Andy Wood recommended this). Smoking lead tone and it cleans up really well with your volume knob if you do keep the gain lower. I nice clean db or mid boost will be your friend too. Suhr Koko is great from first hand experience, if your really looking for some punchy br00tz maybe Fortin's Grind pedal?

Adleneknot":ebvijr89 said:

Lotta people in 2016 also say that the earth is flat and the man has never been to the moon...

Sure! if you live in the mid west USA.
Anyways the verdict of the Diesel Einstein.
It's an awesome amp just like the Vh4 but way better IMO.
Very organic mean raw dirty open less compress.
Very happy!!

It's my favorite diezel amp for sure!!!! I have played them all and owned a VH4.
The Einstein is the real deal!!

Lol..I've had my Einey for a long time.Since I'm an old guy..lol.I love the way it sounds with old school tubes.I use old Mullard 6ca7 tubes.Plus Im using old school pre's.Just saying,Diezel rock.. :rock:

[No message]

Attachments

• 16ark4.jpg
    16ark4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,189
I had one in the interim after I'd let go of a VH4 for an AxeFX. It was like being reunited with an old friend during a time of misery.

Mode 3 was as near as dammit VH4 Ch3. Mode 2 was excellent. Ch2 seemed to switch voicing depending which Ch1 mode was selected. Either that or my ears deceived me. The Ch1 modes did have some sort activity when Ch2 was being used.

Only cons for me was the lack of an independent clean, which Peter even offered to assign to Ch2 free of charge if I wanted him to. Other than that, it was a gnarly 100w high gain head.

I played one live for five years in a thrash metal band. No problems. Actually sold that and bought another one recently to keep for good.

The einstein has its own sound in the diezel line. Very unique, seems love or hate. No crispy marshall trebles. Midrange is centered around the girth not the cut.

Think of it as a hugely versatile two channel head.

Open is the main theme, large open sound. Channel three is similar to vh4 but has completely different eq filtering, just different.

I aleays thought Olas metal video captured the voicing well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zis1wX0Bocw

Back