How are you setting up your Decimator ProRackG's with VH4's?

ZL1Hawk

Mine is dual channel but usually I just use the Decimator in front but with some venues/clubs I have to use both.

Are you Decimator users keeping channel 1 in front of your Diezel and if necessary adding in the 2nd channel from the Decimator in the loop?

ZL1Hawk":2hfze9z6 said:
Mine is dual channel but usually I just use the Decimator in front but with some venues/clubs I have to use both.

Are you Decimator users keeping channel 1 in front of your Diezel and if necessary adding in the 2nd channel from the Decimator in the loop?

Both.

1meanplexi":156l2se4 said:
ZL1Hawk":156l2se4 said:

Both.

Full time? Is that just for convenience or necessity?

ZL1Hawk":2n7wugao said:
1meanplexi":2n7wugao said:
ZL1Hawk":2n7wugao said:

Both.

Full time? Is that just for convenience or necessity?

Full time...I have a couple of prorack g's with the stereo mod which gives you two independent channels of noise reduction. On the Herbert I do the traditional setup out front and through the loop(s) it runs through channel 2 and 3 with channel 1 untouched. I obviously only use 1 prorack for the setup. On my Mesa MKIV I have it running through the loop for all 3 channels but the prorack is so dynamic that it never cuts out any signal even on the clean channel unlike the Boss NS2 and rockman that I tried.

I think others have used it on channel inserts for the VH4 but they would have to chime in.

Since 2005 I got my VH4 I placed mine in the sales section.

I do not want to sound rude, but check your setup's health and wiring if you really consider that you need one. This is a wonderful n.gate, but I do not really see a need for one as in live conditions you rarely need to get your rig to be dead silent so the small amount of extra noise is OK.

But to also answer your question and not just being a smart-ass, I had the mono unit and preferred it in the serial loop due to being more efficient to control highly distorted tones.

Back