Diezel Rearloaded 4X12 V30 feedback needed

Wizard of Ozz

To any owners or frequent users of the German made 4X12 Rearloaded with V30s:

How does this cab sound? Tight bottom, resonant, bright/dark etc. Comparison to Bogner or Mesa cabs would be helpful too. As I've owned several of these.

What do the internals look like (pics would be great)? Soldered connections or spade connectors, what gauge speaker wire, internal construction?

Considering running it with a VH4. I'm not interested in the front loaded cabs, as I've owned them before and I don't think they would work well with the VH4 (tight amp + tight/linear cab = very sterile sound). Also I dislike G12K100s with a passion, so those are out as well.

Thanks.

As a VH4 and Diezel frontloaded cabinet owner looking for more rockness in his tone (meaning looking for a new cabinet) I can tell you that frontloaded cabinets seem to be too stiff.
If ever something is gonna happen in my thread you might check it out.

Carlito":20168uch said:
As a VH4 and Diezel frontloaded cabinet owner looking for more rockness in his tone (meaning looking for a new cabinet) I can tell you that frontloaded cabinets seem to be too stiff.
If ever something is gonna happen in my thread you might check it out.

I agree. The VH4 is a very tight, defined, dry, compressed amp... It doesn't need to have its low end tamed with a FL cab. But it seems few if anyone here actually owns or has tried the German made Rearloaded 4X12 cabs. Oh well... Only one way to find out. I'll buy it to try it.

I run a front loaded v30 4x12 with my vh4 and love it. Just needs a really good break in and the bass comes back. Brand new it was a dry and tight as bark sum gum. After break in it sounded like a tighter more middy version of my Bogner rear loaded I owned. I've played rear loaded Diezel German cabs too. Good stuff... Just more scooped and traditional

Owner of both vh4 and german made fl v30 for a couple of years now.
To me, it's all too stiff and harsh....yes, it's super fastand percussive but the rockness is missing.
I think I'll buy a rearloaded Diezel cab with v30/ greenback mix which I heard in an old Marshall cab and really liked. More growl and grind, more juice kind of.
Can be only better with a Diezel.

What a pity that we cannot listen our amps and cabs in the same room together. I also think that the 412FL V30 sounds quite mellow and with an emphasis on the low mids and not harsh at all with the Fokker.
EQ basically 12 o'clock.
It's interesting that people hear such different things with the same cab.

Just realized: double post...frick...
Good point, Vin! It's all up to your ears. So the next few days I'll see my local dealer and check out some more cabs. Internet can give you a good orientation but you better hear and feel it in person.

Rezamatix":1zoxxyc4 said:
Wizard of Ozz":1zoxxyc4 said:
Rezamatix":1zoxxyc4 said:
I prefer the Frontloaded.

The frontloaded cab sounds like ass with the VH4. I've tried it. If it works for you, awesome.

yea. it doesnt actually sound like ass. it sounds fucking awesome. but hey, everyones ear is not the same. For the record though, I DO use mine in a band, in a LIVE setting, and REAL volume and its solid as fuck. (and broken in)

Ahh... right... I somehow forgot the laws of physics and thermodynamics completely go out the window in a LIVE setting... at REAL volume. Silly me. And don't even start with subjective things like personal taste and different styles of music.

Anywho good luck with the "band". I hear the Elks club in West Hollywood is looking for a LIVE band for their Sunday night polka-dance off. You might audition for it.

The overwhelming majority prefer the front loaded cab over the rear loaded with the VH4 when playing heavy music.

I've used both. Kept my FL cab just due to taste. Both sounded awesome. FL was tighter and very responsive. RL was just a touch looser to me. Still both great options

I even ran my accordion thru both. It preferred my $59 solid state Crate. Lol.

Back