Diezel custom eminence speakers?

tarices22

Hey guys,

Anybody know anything about the Diezel custom eminence speakers? I'm thinking about picking up a used can here locally that has those speakers in it and just curious. Appreciate your input!

Seeing mixed reviews. Also saw a comment from Peter where he "doesn't like them anymore". Sounds like they might have been exclusive to USA made cabs for a period?

Anywho, can always swap speakers. Is the construction of the USA cabs the same as the German cabs?

No. They substituted a wood here an obviously outsourced construction. Not only that some were made illegally using Diezel branding and not to spec. Not saying the cabs were bad. Not the same though and not as good imo.

Appreciate the input. Did some more searching and found a bit more about the USA cab story (as you described) and about the speakers. Apparently voiced a bit darker than a v30.

Thinking I'll save my pennies for a newer German cab. Its what the doctor orders and better resale.

IF you can get it for a good price I would give it a shot. The American cabs get a bad rap but they are a pretty solid cab. Hundreds of gigs and they aren't falling apart yet. Speakers definitely sound different than V30s and do not have the upper mids that the V30s have. I eq differently depending on what speakers I am running on a particular night. Remember, at one time these "were" the shit! Again, for a good price they are worth picking up.

Good cabs, I believe that the builder was the same one building the Bogner cabs, IIRC though. I had a rear load USA and it was a nice cab. Those speakers suck. At first I thought they were cool because they can deliver a really tight scooped sound, but after while other frequencies start irritating your brain from them. Hard to explain I guess.

I remember Peter saying he stopped getting them because he we to load one up one time and the frame cut his finger. So he didn't care for the construction. I'm almost 100% positive I've read that on here.

I have a front loaded with the custom speakers. Im sorry but mine is the most brightest cab i have and i have 10 different 4x12's. When i track i use two different 57's to phase cancel the top end.
Belive it or not it sounds good when all the presence and treble are dialed in very very low on most amps.

Good quality cab Can do wonders but naturally mine is bright as S#IT
if you need a photo of the rear panel to compare let me know i can do that for you if it helps.

Back