Thru jack on the Diezel VH4

Zinnmaster

Messing around, I sent the guitar signal to my Blackstar HT-5 using the "thru" jack of the VH4. It was interesting to hear both amps at the same time.

Does this do any damage to either amp if used this way for extended amounts of time?

I know the manual says it can be used for a second amplifier input stage. Which led to me trying it out. I've searched the Internet and can't find anyone doing this or have tried it. Can anyone give me advice?

Thanks

It wont hurt it. The vh4 user manual provides advice. Splitting the signal there can rob some tone from the diezel. If you're serious about running two amps Id recommend a buffered splitter with a ground lift and a polarity reverse in case your amps are out of phase. You won't lose tone with a good buffer.

Thank you for the reply! Not serious, yet, with running 2 amps. I was messing around. Thank you for the advice!

I've been running 2 amps at the same time using the through jack and haven't noticed any tone loss. I just use one of those Hum X plugs on one of the amps to prevent any ground loops.

Hum x, I will keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice!! I didn't notice any tone loss or hum, but I appreciate the input!

When I used it and had both amps running, it sounded great, but if I turned one amp silent, I did notice that the VH4 sounded a bit weak. But why would you plug into the thru jack and then silence the other amp, so I never worried about it. It was a lot of fun.

Back