Diezel D Moll with Eventide H9

lukewinship84

Hi guys, first time post. I've had the D Moll for 2 months now and i love it, sold my EVH5153 50 watt rig for it and don't regret it one bit.

I've just purchased an Eventide H9 Harmonizer, i understand that in some amps effects loops it don't work too well as the signal runs too hot into the H9 Unit. I'm waiting for it to turn up and wanted to hear any thoughts and opinions on this pairing.

I've seen one gent on here using the two together.

Will post photos of the Amp and my 2x12, i have a 1960DM Marshall with V30s too below...oh and my pedal board.

Attachments

• zilla.jpg
    zilla.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,437
  • pedbod.jpg
    pedbod.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,438
The Eventide H9 is a bit trIcky to get set up, am I better off using the series or parallel loop?

The Killdry option is also causing me a headache, I think I'm supposed to have it on. :doh:

Anyone want to chime in and help? I'm thinking about using it in the series loop as thats where my ISP decimator works best.

Anyone out there using the H9 with their Diezel?

I'm thinking the Channel Volume will act as my Loop send volume, which is causing the H9 to 'clip' in the loop.

Any help would be appreciated.
Luke

With my dmoll. I'm using an eventide time factor in the series loop from my IsP pro rack g, set to line level. The eventide is set to line level. It sounds transparent and GORGEOUS 3D delays and verbs.
Love my dmoll.

I have the Eventide Timefactor and i love it but got the H9 as its replacement. my thought process was to use the delays in the same way i already do and then use a couple of reverbs for other parts. Not really interested in stacking H9 effects (not at the moment anyway).

I have overcome a few early problems and it seems to be working better. I'm using it in the series loop. I have to say some of the sounds are amazing, my only concern is when i turn the D Moll up to rehearsal/gigging volume, will it clip at louder volumes? I will feedback more over the weekend and see what happens.

I've had a play with the H9 this weekend, with the H9 in the series loop. I managed to turn up the amp a bit (still not at gigging volume though) and it didn't show any signs of clipping. I have programmed my first few patches and programmed the MIDI. I have to say that the MIDI programming was so easy with the iosAPP.

If i encounter any noise i will look at that Morley Loop Corrector. However its looking like itll be here to stay. Will upload some videos this week to youtube for sure.

Luke

I don't think you'll need the corrector. I do not since I see no need to dime the channel volume and then bring the signal down with an effects loop corrector.

Yeah i'm pretty sure i won't, i've heard the effects loops on Diezel Amps is superb, which is one of the reasons i chose to buy the D Moll. Can't wait till Thursday to turn the Amp up loud!!!

Attachments

• H9eventide.JPG
    H9eventide.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 1,239
Back