NAD: Diezel Herbert (Mk I)

NewWorldMan

Well, let's see how this goes... :thumbsup: I'll put it through the paces this week. Any general tone recommendations for dialing them in, tube preferences, etc? It's currently loaded with Winged C 6L6's. Not sure what's in the preamp. Thanks!

Thanks! Debating dropping EL34's in it, but we'll see. I won't be able to really put it through the paces until later this week.

Really miss my Herbert. Spend some time with that first channel. My favorite cleans ever from a high gain head. It can even do some awesome edge of breakup tones. I'm sure you got it for 2 and 3, but it can absolutely deliver lower gain tones if you have any use for them.

VC4Ever":vqg4xr5f said:
already in the classifieds... :confused:

Everything of mine I receive when I'm in "trying" mode starts in the classifieds until it's determined I want to keep it. Just how I roll... :thumbsup: Debating whether to keep it, or switch to the VH4. It's still TBD. Got a few more things inbound that could very well be on the tentative block as well.

Mklane":2yixd7rj said:
KT77's are what I like best in the Herb.

That seems to be the general sentiment from a lot of folks. I like the Winged C 6L6's in general with it, but we'll see what happens. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I try something else with it.

NewWorldMan":3l2eufw6 said:
Thanks! Debating dropping EL34's in it, but we'll see. I won't be able to really put it through the paces until later this week.

I've got a Herbert MKI arriving next week and it has EL34s in it supposedly. I'll put it through its paces and report back.

Back