D-moll for bedroom volume use

MrSauce85

curious about this one, I'm really liking it and the clips I've seen are convincing but I don't have the opportunity try it for myself. I'd hate to spend that much on something I'm not going to be able to use with out decapitating volume levels

I had a D-moll for a couple of years and my opinion is that it is the most versatile head in the Diezel line.
I used it for everything from gigging to bedroom practice. The power of that little head is mind blowing but it sounds great at low volumes as well.
Just like every Diezel made, you won't be disappointed.

^Do you have any experience that you could compare the D-moll's 1st channel to the Herbert's?

Awesome! I'm after a tight modern metal tone in the vein of stuff like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains and devildriver...but I like the older death metal style too, think Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth and Dying fetus.

The amp that sounds best in the bedroom is the Roland Microcube. ;)
IMHO no serious amp sounds good at bedroom volume and that has probably to do also with the speakers not moving at all.

I have a dmoll I think it still sounds great at bedroom volumes. But NUCLEAR at jam levels.
Plus with dual masters I set one for bedroom level and one for stage. Haha never needed solo boosts.
Playing it through my 2x12 instead of 412 will help a bit also

Vin Diezel":1xcvnret said:
I'll have to disagree here. I truly believe that all Diezel guitar amps sound the best when played in a small bathroom with a good quality boutique black shower curtain.

Diezels sound great at low volumes, hell most modern hi gain heads do really. Some have a sensitive master volume though, where the Diezels don't really. But yeah, a lot of that "sounds better at high volume" is getting the speakers moving some air where they clear up and deliver some punch, as apposed to the amp being the one that is sounding "better" at high volume.

Vin Diezel":wosktxtb said:
IMHO no serious amp sounds good at bedroom volume and that has probably to do also with the speakers not moving at all.

Oh how I disagree sir. Just had this conversation on another forum today. I have been VERY satisfied with the bedroom volume results from the following:

Peavey Triple XXX 2 (Hated the voicing though and had to dump it)
Engl Blackmore
EVH 50 watt (Didn't care for the upper mid voicing)
EVH 100 watt (Didn't care for the upper mid voicing)
Engl Fireball 100
Engl Savage 120
Diezel Herbert MKI

Now do I enjoy them more cranked up? Absolutely. Not just in tone but in feel and response. Having said that, they still sound freaking amazing at low volumes IMHO :thumbsup:

Scuba.Duba":1iseuimj said:
Vin Diezel":1iseuimj said:
I'll have to disagree here. I truly believe that all Diezel guitar amps sound the best when played in a small bathroom with a good quality boutique black shower curtain.

Your on a roll here today buddy. :gethim:

MetalHeadMike":1shmlj5k said:
Scuba.Duba":1shmlj5k said:
Vin Diezel":1shmlj5k said:

Your on a roll here today buddy. :gethim:
MHM, but please don't hurt me, I'm nonviolent unless I'm rocking out to "Moving Pictures or Master of Reality". . . I promise to let you use my studio shower unit. :aww:

^^^
I guess I should have just been blunt and come right out with it then.

I will now.

So far I've seen zero posts by you that have offered anything worth a shit. Please excuse me if you have made any posts that offered any worthwhile genuine thoughts, however, the few posts I have seen by you have been nothing more than snide remarks that offer no real value whatsoever to the threads you've posted in. I have no problem at all with members playing/joking with each other and having a good time, in fact, I enjoy that kind of environment; makes for a laid back place to hang. But your last few comments don't fall into the later category there Jr. Your comments fall into the category of simply just trying to piss people off because you get off on it.

Just my observations thus far based on your latest comments.

MrSauce85,

I know you were originally considering a Fireball 100 a while back. There is a SMOKING deal on one in the classifieds on this forum right now.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Food for thought.

Back