WHat ever happened to DIEZEL amps?????

timcahiu

Does anyone own one? They really haven't much publicity recently. I remember reading/hearing about them a few years back, but not so much as of recently.

Always wanted to play one but never had the chance. Is it fair to say that DIEZEL is in the Bogner category? Price wise, I would say so. Would you put VHT/Fryette and Splawn amps in this category as well? What other "after marke/ boutique" amps would fall in to it?

ANy thoughts/opinions on these?

Diezel Amps are still out there, Its a small company so i guess Peter doesn't have the same marketing budget as the other brands you mention. The Amps are superb, i've played a VH4, Herbert and i own the D Moll. I've never been happier with my tone. I would rate them alongside those amps you mention and in many cases i prefer Diezel to them but that is just my preference, many folks would disagree but tone is subjective.

There's not many really great videos out there on youtube for Diezel amps, which is a shame as they really are so well built and sound great.

Diezel is out there more than ever. As far as sheer numbers, the market is in fact pretty saturated with Diezel products at this point, just do a search and you can find a dozen VH4's for sale. Herbert is not far behind, and the Hagen is the only one that can be hit and miss. Not sure on the small amp models as I don't follow them.

As far as being out there with artists, Metallica and Tool are at the top of that list. That is a pretty good pair to have on your artist list, if you ask me.

As far as other brands, they are a boutique company doing just as good or better than the other boutique builders mentioned. If you want to talk about a boutique builder that has fallen off pace, Framus is a great example of that.

Hi Tim,

we are doing very well and will have a new US website soon.
Check boutiqueampsdistribution.com for news.

Best,
Peter

Peter Diezel":3kj1v1hd said:
Hi Tim,

we are doing very well and will have a new US website soon.
Check boutiqueampsdistribution.com for news.

Best,
Peter

Peter's participation in this forum has cultivated a lot of brand loyalty for me personally. Been lurking here since 2008 and read literally every single post since. GREAT guy, even better gear, and a great community here. There's lots of great gear and manufacturers out there, but I go out of my way to keep my Diezel at the center of my rig and make sure my fellow living room rock star friends with a bit of disposable income know that at all times. For whatever that's worth :rock:>

I have a Herbert and a Dmoll. Top tier amps for sure. With Papa Peter on this forum providing advice,I would say the customer service from Diezel HQ is far beyond what you could expect from many other companies here or abroad. As for tone,once you get a chance at owning one you will "get" what you hear the owners of these amps rave about.

timcahiu":10mx8wm4 said:
Does anyone own one? They really haven't much publicity recently.
Man, you're really way behind the times.

Peter's been out busting his rear-end campaigning for Donald Trump's bid for Presidency all throughout Germany on his business platform of GmbH - "Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung"

Geez! :poke:

RJF":3jn4byur said:
Diezel is out there more than ever. As far as sheer numbers, the market is in fact pretty saturated with Diezel products at this point, just do a search and you can find a dozen VH4's for sale. Herbert is not far behind, and the Hagen is the only one that can be hit and miss. Not sure on the small amp models as I don't follow them.

As far as being out there with artists, Metallica and Tool are at the top of that list. That is a pretty good pair to have on your artist list, if you ask me.

As far as other brands, they are a boutique company doing just as good or better than the other boutique builders mentioned. If you want to talk about a boutique builder that has fallen off pace, Framus is a great example of that.

this. since 2009 when I got my first the visibility of Diezel has skyrocketed. NO ONE had any idea what i was playing in 2009. i spent every gig explaining what the amp was. no people just go, "cool!"

moltenmetalburn":1owk7ofj said:
this. since 2009 when I got my first the visibility of Diezel has skyrocketed. NO ONE had any idea what i was playing in 2009. i spent every gig explaining what the amp was. no people just go, "cool!"
My Diezel Herbert 001/334 – purchased June 6th 2005 and sounding better each and every day - :)

Attachments

• Diezel Herbert Serial Number.jpg
    Diezel Herbert Serial Number.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,788
rottingcorpse":2vhp07ym said:
I have a Herbert and a Dmoll. Top tier amps for sure. With Papa Peter on this forum providing advice,I would say the customer service from Diezel HQ is far beyond what you could expect from many other companies here or abroad. As for tone,once you get a chance at owning one you will "get" what you hear the owners of these amps rave about.

you are exactly who I need to talk to!

how similar are herbert and dmoll? I have a hagen and cant decide for herbert or dmoll. want to avoid overlap best as possible.

I have had both Herbert and D-Moll.

I would take the D-Moll again no problem. :yes:

Hell I would take the Herbert again No problem! :LOL: :LOL:

I just like the way the D-moll played and sounded tad better.

Mailman1971":6ggo2p6e said:

thanks dan! been leaning toward dmoll but heard it has the hagen preamp circuitry, not sure how similar they are.

Rezamatix":2f413rxv said:
moltenmetalburn":2f413rxv said:
Mailman1971":2f413rxv said:

thanks dan! been leaning toward dmoll but heard it has the hagen preamp circuitry, not sure how similar they are.

Get a VH4.
:rock:

I have fokker , hagen and einstein. Vh4 seems superfluos, especially with an einstein.

Back