Herbert for Bass guitar?

moltenmetalburn

How low does Herberts output transformer go? Can It do Bass guitar also?

The orange ad200b is my favorite head and is about the same wattage, would love a herbie instead for versatility.

Thanks in advance Papa!

Peter Diezel":2n877nap said:
The output transformer has a low cut at 40 Hz.
Know a few bass players who use the Diezel for
recording.

Thank you peter! 40 is plenty low for my needs. Herbert it is!

setup.jpg

Scuba.Duba":2bjjb5ab said:

yeah thats cool, toured with a sansamp and then a darkglass VMT, call me a snob but EVERY time i plug into a tube bass amp i am sad i didnt get the AD200b.

do the SS offering sound GREAT? yup.

do they sound as good as the all tube rigs? nope.

basically looking for an excuse to get a fourth diezel.

I ended up playing bass for a bit in another band and I didn't have a bass amp. Used the Herbie. Even had another headlining band borrow it for their set and after their bassist was like "what bass amp is that? It sounds absolutely killer!". Also has the added bonus that when I wanted some dirt I'd just switch to Ch2 and have the nicest distorted bass sound I've probably ever heard. :)

That was a good few years back, but if I'm recording my own stuff at home these days and I want to record bass the easiest way to get a great tone is plug the bass in the Herbie again and take the compensated out DI from the back and it beats any of the bass amp plugins I've got in my DAW. :thumbsup:

Peter Diezel":3nj5jusx said:
The output transformer has a low cut at 40 Hz.
Know a few bass players who use the Diezel for
recording.

I have a DMoll and a couple of Bass cabs...is that safe for Bass? If so I'm low end-curious

Einstein works good too. My bass player used mine for a couple months when he was in between heads. Ran it into a SWR 4x10, it thumped.

vintage stuff would work as long as the OT are similar specs to herbert, however the lower wattage will prevent cleaner louder sounds, 200 tube watts is pretty much minimum for modern sounds.

Back