VH4 Problem cracking standby button (video inside) >NO SOUND

centar07

Hi all,

I'm a newbie Diezel fan :D
I've recently purchased a VH4 and and I'm actually astonished by the beauty and fullness of DIEZEL sound, BUT, unfortunately today I stumbled upon a big problem :(
The problem is this: I don't hear any volume due to a noise (cracking noise) coming from the switch button
I tried replacing everything from the power cable to the guitar cable, but unfortunately the problem persists! :doh:

Link to a short clip in which you can hear the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl2zp53zkzm5y ... m.mov?dl=0

Please BIG HELP needed HERE!

Many thanks to all those who can help me!

Not familiar with that amp but maybe try plugging a jumper cable in the fx loop send/return and see if that makes any difference. Sometimes the internal connection in those jacks goes bad and no signal passes through the jack unless you plug a cable into it. Not even sure if this is applicable to this amp. I'm sure others with familiarity with the amp will chime in soon.

SpiderWars":1igrdt5e said:
Not familiar with that amp but maybe try plugging a jumper cable in the fx loop send/return and see if that makes any difference. Sometimes the internal connection in those jacks goes bad and no signal passes through the jack unless you plug a cable into it. Not even sure if this is applicable to this amp. I'm sure others with familiarity with the amp will chime in soon.

I don't think it is a jack problem because now the standby button is making bigger cracking noises "directly" from the button...

:aww:

Like, put your ear near the actual button and you can hear the crackling but nothing out of the speaker? If yes then I wouldn't turn it on anymore and take it to a tech.

SpiderWars":c039qmh5 said:
Like, put your ear near the actual button and you can hear the crackling but nothing out of the speaker? If yes then I wouldn't turn it on anymore and take it to a tech.

Exactly! The cracking noise is only on the switch button, no other noises in cab/pre/amp

Back