D'Moll tube layout

crankyrayhanky

Anybody have this info?
I found this but no DMoll listed:
http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/tech-corner.3.0.html

I'm thinking of trying a 12au7 in ch2
I use the ch3 for brootz so ch2 gets a lot of lighter mid gain work. I keep the gain on ch2 around 9-11 o'clock so I'm thinking a JJ12au7 is worth exploring here. It worked well in another amp I had so time to roll some tubes

Thanks!

The power tubes are simply a matter of personal choice, otherwise the "12AX7AC5 HG+" where "HG" denotes "high grade" not "high gain" are the bomb.

42920_2.gif

moltenmetalburn":66a2t8l1 said:
Scuba.Duba":66a2t8l1 said:
The power tubes are simply a matter of personal choice, otherwise the "12AX7AC5 HG+" where "HG" denotes "high grade" not "high gain" are the bomb.

42920_2.gif
You missed the point lol.

This may help some until peter answers.
It was intentional, because your question is vague and it has been answered here on RT more than 1000 times.

Scuba.Duba":2cochpng said:
moltenmetalburn":2cochpng said:
Scuba.Duba":2cochpng said:

42920_2.gif
You missed the point lol.

This may help some until peter answers.
It was intentional, because your question is vague and it has been answered here on RT more than 1000 times.

i did not ask the question, the OP did and you missed the entire point.

he is asking for the TUBE LAYOUT, NOT asking for opinions on tube types. he simply wants to know what tube sockets relate to what channel. if you can find this information on rig talk 1000 times then post a link, I would also like to see it.

i did not ask the question, the OP did and you missed the entire point.
Once again, we'll just have to entirely agree to disagree; the OP is vague.

I have the information and more regarding all of Mr. Peter Diezel's amplifiers.

The sure way to get the "exact information" the OP has requested is to email Mr. Peter Diezel directly:
peterdiezel(AT)diezelamplification(DOT).com

For extended information of all of Mr. Peter Diezel amplifiers, have the OP request from Mr. Peter Diezel the "Tube Amp Service Manual V1.1.pdf". I'll leave the rest of the information on the D'Moll for the OPs homework.

Clear?

moltenmetalburn":1btr8ogr said:

Thanks! This page needs to be updated for DMoll but I am sure it is in the ballpark.

he is asking for the TUBE LAYOUT, NOT asking for opinions on tube types. he simply wants to know what tube sockets relate to what channel. if you can find this information on rig talk 1000 times then post a link, I would also like to see it.
Yes +1
Though I am open to tube suggestions from kind posters

Cool! I'm just a hard rocker/heavy medalist going on 42 years now playing electric guitars and building acoustic guitars.

I've owned the same Diezel Herbert amplifier purchased from Uwe Salwender International back in June 6th 2005. That was back when Edward Yoon (???) was the proprietor for Tone Merchants in Anaheim California at the time. Now Ed (I believe) is a manager at Suhr.

Here's my current rig. I always keep it simple and I'm one of those "cork sniffers" that refuse to run any pedals between the output of my guitar to the input of my beloved Herbert due to most of the conflicting arguments about which is best - buffered or non-buffered pedals. I don't have these issues with my rack gear. I'm a minimalist when it come to guitar effects.

Friends - :)

Attachments

• The Rig.JPG
    The Rig.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 1,809
Scuba.Duba":3a1oaaak said:
Cool! I'm just a hard rocker/heavy medalist going on 42 years now playing electric guitars and building acoustic guitars.

I've owned the same Diezel Herbert amplifier purchased from Uwe Salwender International back in June 6th 2005. That was back when Edward Yoon (???) was the proprietor for Tone Merchants in Anaheim California at the time. Now Ed (I believe) is a manager at Suhr.

Here's my current rig. I always keep it simple and I'm one of those "cork sniffers" that refuse to run any pedals between the output of my guitar to the input of my beloved Herbert due to most of the conflicting arguments about which is best - buffered or non-buffered pedals. I don't have these issues with my rack gear. I'm a minimalist when it come to guitar effects.

Friends - :)

Want best of both worlds?! Get a tube buffer, place between guitar and anything SS you use up front. Zero compromise.

Effectrode glass a, vht valvulator and sarno black. Box in that order.

Want best of both worlds?! Get a tube buffer, place between guitar and anything SS you use up front. Zero compromise.

Hey moltenmetalburn , thanks for the advice, but as I stated I'm a "minimalist" when it comes to guitar effects. Straight into my Herbert with no effects whatsoever at 4ohm (two Diezel slanted 4x12s loaded with CV30s sounds like heaven every time. On my TC-GM I rarely use a touch of delay to fatten things up at a very short delay @ 385, FB1 @ 10% and mix @ 30% - works perfect for me and it's cable to amp, clean as a whistle - it's called the KISS application.

The Diezel Hebert is an amazing guitar amplifier and I've played dozens of other boutique guitar amplifiers that are nowhere as dynamic and nowhere as simple to work with. That's why I've had my Herbie for nearly 11 years now and counting.

Guitar output cable -> Herbert input Jack. BTW I only use Evidence Audio cables, the right angle to straight instrument for guitar and serial loop and the Siren speaker cable for the cabs.

I've know Tony Farinella faily well over the years - great guy; and believe me, what Tony doesn't know about electric guitar cables aint worth knowing.

Agreed, especially the louder you play, the less pedals are needed to make an amp sing.
Delay without tap tempo drives me nuts though

I guess I'll email PD about the pre tube locations so I can try a 12au7 in ch2

crankyrayhanky":3cy27xpp said:
Agreed, especially the louder you play, the less pedals are needed to make an amp sing.
Delay without tap tempo drives me nuts though

I guess I'll email PD about the pre tube locations so I can try a 12au7 in ch2
Good deal CRH. Yep if you want the complete expert opinion, you go to the horses mouth. Papa's helped me over the years dozens of times thorough email correspondence; Papa's got amazing guitar amplifiers to build (only 24 hours in a day) and new ones are always on his horizon. Papa doesn't hang around here too often, but due to his impeccable support ethic to his loyal customers (like me) he'll always carve out enough time for you to get you back on track and rockin'.

Have a great evening CRH . . .

Scuba.Duba":28zyfcpz said:

Hey moltenmetalburn , thanks for the advice, but as I stated I'm a "minimalist" when it comes to guitar effects. Straight into my Herbert with no effects whatsoever at 4ohm (two Diezel slanted 4x12s loaded with CV30s sounds like heaven every time. On my TC-GM I rarely use a touch of delay to fatten things up at a very short delay @ 385, FB1 @ 10% and mix @ 30% - works perfect for me and it's cable to amp, clean as a whistle - it's called the KISS application.

The Diezel Hebert is an amazing guitar amplifier and I've played dozens of other boutique guitar amplifiers that are nowhere as dynamic and nowhere as simple to work with. That's why I've had my Herbie for nearly 11 years now and counting.

Guitar output cable -> Herbert input Jack. BTW I only use Evidence Audio cables, the right angle to straight instrument for guitar and serial loop and the Siren speaker cable for the cabs.

I've know Tony Farinella faily well over the years - great guy; and believe me, what Tony doesn't know about electric guitar cables aint worth knowing.

badass! i didnt realize you didnt actually want to use anything up front haha, if you did it can be achieved without compromise.

still have yet to try a herbert but GASing hard for one. hagen, fokker and einstein are what I have. VH4 doesnt seem to be my speed. i vacillate over whether dmoll or herbert would be better for me but i hear dmoll has hagen preamp circuitry, could be too similar.

as for cables I went way further than most other and only use solid silver wire in my guitars and cabinets. for cable is use pure copper coated by silver. silver is more conductive than copper, more voltage passes as a result. simple irrefutable science. i stay out of the cable game other than that. all kinds of crazy conductors, winding patterns etc...

ill try your delay settings, shorter than my usual 485 with about a single repeat for "smear" or 500ms same single repeat for tighter "in time" sounds.

Cranky, really surprised no one has this and peter hasnt seen it yet. i agree just email him at this point.

badass! i didnt realize you didnt actually want to use anything up front haha, if you did it can be achieved without compromise.

still have yet to try a herbert but GASing hard for one. hagen, fokker and einstein are what I have. VH4 doesnt seem to be my speed. i vacillate over whether dmoll or herbert would be better for me but i hear dmoll has hagen preamp circuitry, could be too similar.

as for cables I went way further than most other and only use solid silver wire in my guitars and cabinets. for cable is use pure copper coated by silver. silver is more conductive than copper, more voltage passes as a result. simple irrefutable science. i stay out of the cable game other than that. all kinds of crazy conductors, winding patterns etc...

ill try your delay settings, shorter than my usual 485 with about a single repeat for "smear" or 500ms same single repeat for tighter "in time" sounds.

Cranky, really surprised no one has this and peter hasnt seen it yet. i agree just email him at this point.
Good morning MMB.

I'll be right up front (and this is from one man's rock, hard rock, metal & heavy metal opinion) you got the best amps money can buy, and we all know that Germans (like me) make the very best "technical products" on this messed up little rock 3rd from the sun. Although Papa doesn't push his original VH4 anymore as he has pretty much discontinued it. Your best bet is to keep an eye on eBay.

I've played all of Papa's amps many times over the years, and very personally for me Papa's Dad kills them all. Herbert is Papa's flagship. But even Herbie may appear to be a simple configuration there are endless textures that can be created by its relenting devil of a guitar amplifier. It literally took me (even after 42 years of playing electric and building acoustic guitars) ~2 years to parse Herbie out. I'm good now, REAL good and when some of my musical comrades come buy to here my rig they're speechless. So I tell them, if you have at the very minimum 15 years of experience playing guitar (and I mean in hours, not one day here or there, but continuously like myself) and at lease 20K then it's all good.

Now the cable minutia. Some guitar nut crackers think that George L's are the best thing since slice processed turkey meat, BLAH - garbage . . .; then you've got Mogami (a bit pricey) but in French it translates to "we suck". The worst thing cable designers can do to completely destroy the conductivity and "free electrons" of audio or any electrical signal for that matter is to gold plate the contact point, or plug. Gold is the worst conductor of any audio signal; so think about it.

Over my 42 years of rocking out I've tried countless different cables and there's only one manufacturer that I've found and have become friends with, and that man is Tony Farinella of "Evidence Audio". Tony's cables (plugs we're speaking of here) are two layers; layer one - brass, layer two nickel. Tony's cables aren't cheap and worth every hard earned penny. I've got more than $1500 invested in his cables. Check him out on your free time, his website is ( http://www.evidenceaudio.com/ ). Tony's support is impeccable just as Papas. So enough about cables, It's all good for me in that area.

I use all TC-Electronic rack gear so buffering and signal lose isn't a concern of mine and all my units are on all the time without any coloration whatsoever. I'm a garden variety TC-Electronic "whore". if you will.

As for the delay settings, I always have it set between (350 and 385) ms and a short feedback at 10% (with bleed), and the feedback level at 50.12 Hz at a mix of 25%. It really shines through nicely for conventional rhythm, clean (CH1) or grit and over the top gain (CH2&3). As for the other psychedelic spaceual effects I have much different settings that I name ("soak1, soak2, . . .) you get the picture. It's kind of hearing the early space movie "Forbidden Planet" with Leslie Nielsen.

Papa will be around, but as I said go to the horses mouth and send him a very concise and clear email as to your query and you'll hear back from him.

Have a great day MMB

Scuba.Duba":2jcbka0r said:
we all know that Germans (like me) make the very best "technical products" on this messed up little rock 3rd from the sun.

Probably true :thumbsup:
My gear changes all the time. At one point last year my gear included an all German lineup of DMoll, Framus Cobra, and a Kemper powerhead. Probably should have kept it all as it was glorious! My flip tendancies made me sell off the Cobra and the KPA....but the DMoll has been with me for a few years and is likey to be a forever amp. It's amazing how versatile, clear, gainy, and powerful it is with next to no noise.

My flip tendancies made me sell off the Cobra and the KPA....but the DMoll has been with me for a few years and is likey to be a forever amp.
CRH ~ you just pulled the trigger on my high-powered Remington 30-06!

I read and hear this all the time - it never ceases to amaze me.

I've played and purchased over the years ~45 different amps from solid state to banging tube guitar amps. BTW about 20 years ago I owned an Ampeg VH140C for several years - great amp but solid state. The cleans were great and the mid-gain and full-gain were very good for a 2x12 combo loaded with Celestion 2-G12T-75s. The only problem with solid state amplifiers is the longer you play them they tend to lose the initial dynamics. So at gigs you have to shut them down between sets.

As opposed to a great tube guitar amplifier like a Diezel Herbert; he wants to stay up all night and the longer you keep him fired up the happier he gets.

I'm also guilty of the same (flipping guitar amplifiers) up until 11 years ago when I met Mr. Peter Diezel at NAMM here in Anaheim California. The very few first minutes I blazed through all three channels with all the EQ settings at 12:00, I was sold. I didn't care how much the price tag was, I HAD TO HAVE IT!!! Plus, its looks are as sexy like Sofía Vergara! :)

Since then, I've never looked back; it's my twin musical brother and there is no end to all the magnificent tones that you can create with Herbie. The only limit is your imagination.

In closing, I read on this RT Diezel zone a guy asking a questing for Papa - verbatim, and I shit you not. He asked, "Hey Peter how can I get my Herbert to sound like a Marshal?" As you already would suspect, no reply.

Have a great day.

Back