Diesel Hagen Buzz problem?

temple12

Hello Everybody,

I've been a proud owner of a brand new Diezel Hagen since June! I was hoping I could get other folks' opinion of a "problem" I'm having with the sound. On Channels 1 and 2, since day one I've had a minor buzz after the note; a kind of ghost distortion on the tail of the note and wanted to know if other folks have ever heard anything like it on their Hagens. It's probably on 3 and 4, but hard to hear with the gain up. I've uploaded a sample out here at Soundcloud. The first 30 seconds is on channel 2 with gain at noon. I'm lightly plucking the strings so that it's not drowned out by the gain. After 30 seconds, I switch to the clean channel with gain up at 9'o'clock. It's super faint in the recording, so it's hard to hear... unless you're standing right up near the speakers and volume is turned up to gig levels.

https://soundcloud.com/user-288274728/diezelhagenbuzz

At first I thought it was tubes... and may still be. I took it to an authorized repair shop, who checked out the tubes and amp circuits (all appeared to be good), but still had them change out the first two tubes (with Ruby HG+ 678 tubes, as previously reccomended) and inverter. He also changed the power tubes and biased them according to the directions in the head. I've also tried some tube rolling at home without luck. I've checked out all cables, and gone straight into the amp and the sound is still there. Tried other guitars, too - sound happens with all of them. Anyway, that made me think that perhaps that's just part of the Hagen's sound? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Back