Einstein more versatile than I thought.

moltenmetalburn

Ive been using one for many years and just stumbled across this.

Typically I used channel one mode three for rythym and channel two for leads. Two dirty channels.

Was playing mine today and working hard at getting a rythym sound from channel two. Always a little too smooth for me.

Until today when I realized that the mode switch on channel one changes the character of the second channel, a lot. For recording the amp basically has 6 sounds. With the mode switch set to clean channel two has an almost plexi quality that makes it kill for rythym.

Try it if you own them.

That's funny, when I briefly owned the Einstein, I did the same (Ch1, mode 3 for riffage) - but now the other guitarist in my band plays the Einstein the same way you described, channel 1 clean, channel two for heavy rhythm... for me channel two could be a bit tighter for riffage, but it definitenly sounds awesome! And if he wants it tight, he just kicks in the tube screamer which works like a charm with this amp. Overall, the Einstein to me still is one of the best sounding amps out there.

jjj123":1ovjxpgp said:
That's funny, when I briefly owned the Einstein, I did the same (Ch1, mode 3 for riffage) - but now the other guitarist in my band plays the Einstein the same way you described, channel 1 clean, channel two for heavy rhythm... for me channel two could be a bit tighter for riffage, but it definitenly sounds awesome! And if he wants it tight, he just kicks in the tube screamer which works like a charm with this amp. Overall, the Einstein to me still is one of the best sounding amps out there.

Even with two other Diezel I'll agree Einstein is still one of the best. With a ts9 or eq with boost it gets even better. Something tells me in retirement when all the other gear is gone Einstein will still be here.

Back