Footswitch for Herbert Mk1

pjastper

Hi am looking for something similar to the Fse7 footswitch for the mkii that can be used for the mki. I need it to channel switch, switch volumes 1 and 2 and switch the loop on or off. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the info. I think I will try the Randall. I hadn't used the amp for a few years but for the one band I am in, I need the channel switching and I forgot how cool this amp is. Thanks again!

Do more research.

It's my understanding (after owning 2 mk1 Herbert's) that there is no way to run a midi pedal to switch individual aspects on and off. You'll only be able to create scenes.

~Abstract~":2hf6dmqo said:
Do more research.

It's my understanding (after owning 2 mk1 Herbert's) that there is no way to run a midi pedal to switch individual aspects on and off. You'll only be able to create scenes.

Is the MIDI in mk1 different than the online herbert manual?

Says herbert uses PC.

Press 01 on midi pedal, press channel 1 on herb, press store twice.

http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/upload ... nglish.pdf

Randall RF8 does PC:

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/downlo ... l_rev1.pdf

Should probably ask peter.

Mk1 won't let you set a midi footswitch button for going from mv1 to mv2.

The footswitch button will save:
Channel (1/2/3)
Midcut status (on/off)
Loop status (on/off)
Master Volume (1/2)

Which means there's like 24 different combinations.

You must program the combination you want. You can't simply desire to turn midcut on and off with a footswitch button unless you've previously programmed a combination (which channel/ which master/ which loop status) with midcut on and another identical combination (channel/master/loop) with midcut off.

You can't just simply set up a button to leave everything the same and only turn midcut on or off.

If that's not what the op was questioning, I apologize.

Hi, thanks for the additional replies. I just want to switch between the three channels and access the 2nd volume for a solo boost. I could like without turning on the the midcut and the loop.

moltenmetalburn":1qnjnfj3 said:
If he was looking at the fse7 id say he wanted indivdual control. Damn feel bad, hopefully he will see this.

Yeah, we all wanted that control from the mk1...but as of now, it's just not gonna happen. There was a guy that claimed he was putting the finishing touches on a replacement mudi chip that would allow for control changes...but he disappeared with a few people's cash...and the chip never materialized.

Good luck op.

I had a 4 button switch and set it:
1- ch1, master vol 2, loop on, midcut on
2- ch2-, master vol 1, loop off, midcut off
3- ch3, master vol 1, loop off, midcut on
4- ch3, master vol 1, loop on, midcut on

Then I bought a VH4 and use one button per channel and set up true bypass loops for pedals.

pjastper":3vuiuukl said:
Hi, thanks for the additional replies. I just want to switch between the three channels and access the 2nd volume for a solo boost. I could like without turning on the the midcut and the loop.

You can probably do what youre trying to accomplish but youll be limited at 8 choices when there are a total of 24 combinations or something like that.

Just do the math on how many buttons youll actually need and go from there.

Back