So Papa, any chance you will build this in the future:

Joeytpg

Since the Schmidt turned out to be unsuccessful sales wise and you decided to discontinue it that means that Diezel won't see a blues/clean amp added to the lineup somewhere in the future, kind of like Mesa Boogie has the Lonestar, etc?

I'd love to see what you come up with, but not sure if you're interested in trying to go there again?

Is it really? The paul gets heavier than most clean/blues amps. To me the Schmidt seemed like the right amp for this but I wonder if we won't ever see a schmidt version 2 since most Diezel fans are into high gain.

Joeytpg":cgzrwbeb said:
Is it really? The paul gets heavier than most clean/blues amps. To me the Schmidt seemed like the right amp for this but I wonder if we won't ever see a schmidt version 2 since most Diezel fans are into high gain.
Just roll the gain knob back. The Paul is supposed to sound more vintage than the other Diezels and is the replacement for the Shmidt.

I will go try one, or order one to try as soon as I'm back from holidays. To me it's all about the feel of the amp and I like amps to feel bouncy and even a bit "lose" and elastic which the Diezel amps I've owned (Einstein and VH4) didn't not have. They were fantastic for rock and metal and I'd be playing one of them if that was my genre but for cleans/pop/blues/funk which is my realm they always FELT a bit too stiff.

I want something like a Two Rock or a Fender Blackface style of FEEL but without using these brands as they are too predictable and the "safe" route. I'd love to use a different amp not well known in this genre. Diezels are famous in metal but not in clean pop

But I've read that the Paul and Schmidt FEEL different when you play than the others.

Back