Best replacement cab casters?

Me

Hi folks!

Anyone got any recommendations for replacement cab casters?

One of my originals broke, so I bought some off eBay that fitted and lasted a while but the centre of them is largely now destroyed (and they were a PITA as I couldn't get the non-proper ones on and off without mashing an old credit card every time to stop them jamming half way). I was gonna ask to buy some more originals from Diezel, but I wondered if there's any source for more hardcore ones that still fit in the clip-on slots.

I'm basically munching my way through them so often as it can be a fair distance from my van to any practice room or gig and my Herbie weighs a ton in its padded flight case, so for ease of transport it gets wheeled along on top of the cab. Unfortunately the original casters aren't really designed to take that kinda weight, especially on rough or badly paved surfaces. I can go back to wheeling the amp on a separate trolley in an attempt to make the 3rd set last a lot longer, but the trolley is extra stuff to take and fit in the van, so if there were some extra heavy duty ones available that lasted longer with the extra weight and don't have the outside break up (originals) or the inside wear away and fall out (ebay replacements), but still fitted in the original clips that'd be a preferable solution (best from UK, or anywhere in EU, or if you can persuade me they're a real hardcore upgrade and worth the extra shipping/customs expense), then worldwide. Not sure there are any other options though tbh.

If only I was famous and could afford a road crew/permanent set-up practice room! :confused:

Thanks!

Back