Diezel Zerrer + Fryette 1 watt 12ax7 based tube amp ?

hopkinWFG

Dear Diezel fans... well have been on and off here... as i recently hear the success release of the VH4 pedal and i did check out the clips done perfectly by rexzamix...

I was kind of keen on the pedal untill i recall the Zerrer preamp and i went ahead to check out if any good demo clips so far... till i hear some of its tune...

I have never play a VH4 before but judging from the clips i hear on youtube i roughly guess the diezel zerrer preamp has a high gain thick and 3 Dimension tone which has a kinda 'Dryness' and an attack which is just right not too snarly not too shrill.. but still retains clarity... and its gotta kinda sag which if user dont like and it can be tighten up by a set of good speakers or pickups?

I wonder if i am good to go with a zerrer preamp and thru a 1 watt Fryette amplifier connecting via the effect loops...

I have no idea if the zerrer preamp will be good with a 1 watt power amp and to add more of a tube tone feel even the zerrer preamp is build sounding real close to a channel 3 of the VH4....

Ohhh btw i wonder if Mr Peter Diezel will be churning out a signature blue face VH4? :)

The Fryette GP/DI that you're referring to... the effects loop in that guy is only for the headphone portion of the amplifier. The loop does not pass through to the speaker or direct outputs. If you want to do what you're proposing for headphone practicing, it would work. Otherwise... I don't think so.

Back