How come Herbert is now a lot cheaper than the VH4?

Skrln

I've been looking at Diezel for a couple of years and have noticed that a Herbert would be around 3200 euro while a vh4 was around 2800 euro.
Now I find new Herberts at around 2400 euro while VH4 runs for 2900 euro. These are all new from dealers. I don't know about second hand prices.

What happened to the Herbert?

Skrln":31wnef6f said:
I've been looking at Diezel for a couple of years and have noticed that a Herbert would be around 3200 euro while a vh4 was around 2800 euro.
Now I find new Herberts at around 2400 euro while VH4 runs for 2900 euro. These are all new from dealers. I don't know about second hand prices.

What happened to the Herbert?

nothing happened other than it may be a little less popular now. just be happy it will cost you less. pricing doesnt directly reflect quality. maybe they knocked the price down because it has less channels etc.

maybe a revision is coming soon, MK3?

Hagen/Herbert/VH4 used to all be basically priced the same IIRC, or at least within a few dollars of each. I also noticed the price difference these days. It may be simply, the VH4 IS the flagship amp of the lineup and CAN command a slightly higher price. Me personally, I'll take a Herbert as it's my personal fav.

Back