Diezel Einstein Suhr Koko Boost

sourkraut

Hi Folks!
This is my first post in this beautiful forum. I've been a silent reader for quite a long time, but now I want to know your thoughts.
Has anybody tried a Suhr Koko Boost with the Diezel Einstein?
I'm trying to focus and thighten the mids, especially in Channel 1 Mode 3

Best regards from Germany,
Andi

Vfe focus works great with einstein for this. No koko boost experience.

Could also wait for the new vfe standout which is the new focus. TS type od pedals cloud the gain. Boosts with eq are better.

moltenmetalburn":1enl4t50 said:

Could also wait for the new vfe standout which is the new focus. TS type od pedals cloud the gain. Boosts with eq are better.

I just scored a Koko Boost on eBay for a 'few' bucks.
In 3-4 days I can give you my opinion on it.
I guess I'll use it as a "always on solution" for mode 3 of channel 1. The texas mode is tight enough when it comes to my flavour.

sourkraut":2jpjr6uu said:
moltenmetalburn":2jpjr6uu said:

I guess I'll use it as a "always on solution" for mode 3 of channel 1. The texas mode is tight enough when it comes to my flavour.

I use a Koko Boost Reloaded (which does vary from the standard version in layout a bit) with my Einstein.
I don't really use it in the way that most high-gain amp users use a boost though, but rather as a live-rig solution to quickly get different gain levels with my ground-control / midi switching setup.

I set the channel's gain lower than I typically would for rhythm (more of a modest "crunch" setting). Then I use the Koko's clean boost setting to bump it up to my usual rhythm-gain level, and use the boost+mid-boost setting for lead/solo-ing type parts.

It does a good job for what I want it to do and seems to play nicely with the Einstein, but I've never really tried to use it for TS type boosting so I'm not sure that it does that "tightening" thing that a lot of guys want out of a boost pedal.

stringsibanez":q3dzi22i said:
sourkraut":q3dzi22i said:
moltenmetalburn":q3dzi22i said:

I use a Koko Boost Reloaded (which does vary from the standard version in layout a bit) with my Einstein.
I don't really use it in the way that most high-gain amp users use a boost though, but rather as a live-rig solution to quickly get different gain levels with my ground-control / midi switching setup.

I set the channel's gain lower than I typically would for rhythm (more of a modest "crunch" setting). Then I use the Koko's clean boost setting to bump it up to my usual rhythm-gain level, and use the boost+mid-boost setting for lead/solo-ing type parts.

It does a good job for what I want it to do and seems to play nicely with the Einstein, but I've never really tried to use it for TS type boosting so I'm not sure that it does that "tightening" thing that a lot of guys want out of a boost pedal.

There's a way to use the mid-boost and the normal boost at the same time?
Mine seems to only do one of both!?
I have the reloaded version by the way.

I tried it with my buddy's Einstein, and it sounded pretty good, but can't say I played it long enough to make an informed decision. I've got a Koko on my board though, and it goes on regardless of the amp. I use it with my D-Moll at the minute, used it with my old Hagen, and with a Reborn Triple Rec, Pittbull CL100, Driftwood Purple Nightmare and a Laney Ironheart.
I don't think you'd go wrong using the Koko with anything.

Back